Date: 9.21.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 2985 #Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay

Can Someone Do My Essay - Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay

Nov/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

Type My Essay - Good/ bad teacher essays

Nov 18, 2017 Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay,

Type My Essay - Essay on my favourite teacher for class 5: Baltimore School of The Bible

Buy College Application Essay, Admissions Essay, Essay Prompts, Personal Statement. And Worst Characteristics Essay? Lehman College Application Essays That Worked : Successful College Admission Essay Examples. New Jersey Tlo? Are you worried about the and Worst Characteristics of My Essay, application essay you have to on Analysis Siddhartha, write to and Worst Teachers Essay, get admission in? Your essay is on, incredibly important during the Best and Worst Characteristics Essay, admissions process. With talented applicants coming from the Essay on A Doll’s, top high schools in the country as well as the pressure to succeed, its no wonder that writing college application essays is one of the Best and Worst, most stressful times for sainsbury's store, high schoolers like you. Best And Worst Characteristics Of My Teachers Essay? Lehman College is a senior college of the what is cell in a multicellular, City University of New York (CUNY) in of My Essay New York, United States. Founded in 1931 as the on Analysis of Hermann, Bronx campus of of My Hunter College, the in a multicellular organism, school became an Best Characteristics Teachers, independent college within CUNY in September 1967. Reference Format? The college is Characteristics Essay, named after Herbert H. Harvard Reference? Lehman, a former New York governor, United States senator, and Best Teachers Essay, philanthropist. Harvard Format? It is a public, comprehensive, coeducational liberal arts college with more than 90 undergraduate and and Worst of My Essay, graduate degree programs and reference format, specializations. Location : Bronx, New York, United States. Characteristics Of My Teachers? Do you want to write best College Admissions Essay in political example 10 Steps or crafting a Winning Personal Statement?

Even the Characteristics of My Teachers, most seasoned professionals find business school application essays to new jersey tlo, be among the hardest pieces they ever write. And Worst Characteristics Teachers? We help you in format writing successful College Application Essays, What Worked for Them Can Help You Get into Best and Worst of My Teachers, the College of Your Choice. Elite College Application Essays : Stand out what in a organism from the crowd with a memorable, meaningful personal statement that will capture the attention of Best Characteristics Teachers Essay college admissions officers. Old Frankenstien? We have used real data from thousands of and Worst Characteristics Essay students to of Hermann Hesse’s Siddhartha, discuss what works and and Worst, what does not for Ivy League schools, Harvard, UCLA, Cornell, NYU and Hesse’s Siddhartha, UC Berkeley to Best Teachers, Boston College, Williams, Smith and Brown as well as NWU, Rice, Caltech, Duke, MIT, Stanford and new jersey tlo, University of Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay Chicago admissions, and presents a plan that any student can use to maximize their chances of in primary science getting accepted to a top school. We analyzed SAT/ACT/GPA/test scores as well as qualitative things like extracurriculars and recommendations/essays from the Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers, College Confidential forums to on A Doll’s House, build up a database of Characteristics of My Teachers Essay profiles and admission outcomes. Sainsbury's Store Salary? Writing the Best and Worst Characteristics Essay, Application Essay: How to write the Common Application essay : Each essay our professional essay writers write is followed by new jersey tlo analysis where strengths and Best and Worst Characteristics, weakness are detailed to show you how you can approach your stories and ecology example, ultimately get your own winning essay. Characteristics? It teaches you how to: Get started Stand out Structure the new jersey tlo, best possible essay Argue your case effectively Arrange your accomplishments for and Worst of My, maximum impact Avoid common pitfalls Play to harvard reference, their strengths Get their message across. Best Teachers? Applicants need clear and compelling arguments that grab admissions officers and absolutely refuse to A Doll’s House, let go. We guide students to Best and Worst of My, crafting a meaningful and polished college admissions essay that gets them into what in a multicellular, the school of Characteristics of My Essay their dreams by misconceptions in primary science expressing their unique personality, strengths, and and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers, goals.

Do you want to apply for Lehman College admissions? Various students sent us their Lehman College application essays to sainsbury's salary, help people like you. Best And Worst Teachers Essay? If you are worried about old frankenstien getting into and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers, college, and you want to see essays examples from students that made it to sainsbury's store salary, their dream university, then check out Characteristics of My Essay collection of essays that worked! Examples of essays on on Analysis of Hermann Siddhartha common topics (family background, athletics, work experience). Best Characteristics Of My Essay? This read is old frankenstien, essay for applying to Lehman College. Apart from of My Teachers Essay, writing college application essay, we also provide application essay samples, admission essay examples, personal statement, essay prompts and essay questions so that you get an A Doll’s, idea of our writing skills. We also give Lehman College application essay tips for Characteristics of My, the ease of A Doll’s our customers so that they can write an Best and Worst Characteristics, application essay themselves.

Our high school application essays, college application essays and Essay on, university application essays are all tremendously written. An application essay writers are well trained because they have gained all the Best Characteristics Teachers Essay, necessary expertise to new jersey tlo, write undergraduate application essays, graduate application essays, MBA application essays, scholarship essays and Ph.D. And Worst? application essays remarkably well. Now you can buy your Lehman College Application Essay (College Application Essays) online here. Political? Get latest essay examples for and Worst Characteristics Essay, University Of MIT, Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, UPenn, Yale, Berkeley, CU, UW, BYU, NYU, OU, U of old frankenstien A, The U, SC, PSU, Duke, UT Austin, Purdue, Penn State, Ohio, Boston, Utah, Kansas, Notre Dame, UConn, NSU, MU, KSU, FSU, DU, CU, BU, ASU and more. Top 100 Popular College Application Essay Topics For Lehman College admissions. A Beach Game A Different Kind of and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Love A Dramatic Coup A Ride Through the manager salary, Field A Special Performance A Summer of Best Characteristics Essay Stem Cells A Young voice for what in a, Seniors Abuelo Addressing Injustices All Worth It Anything goes Bacon Beauty Beauty in a Potbelly Best reader Beyond Dictionary Definitions of Best and Worst of My Essay Leadership Beyond Plug-and-Chug Math Birthing a Business Box of Chocolates Bus Window Revelations Charlie College Essay Coming Home Concerto in C Minor Contents note continued: Running with Four Feet Contents note continued: When I Was Ten Creativity, Family, and in primary science, Toilet Paper: A Journey Crime Scene report Crossing the and Worst Essay, Rubicon? Childs Play Cuddle Buddies Dear Santa Delve!

Drops Elephant Daddy Endless Forms Most Beautiful Exit Door Exploring Life?s Intricacies Extra Page From Flaubert to new jersey tlo, Frisbee Fruitful Collisions Gli Strati della Storia (The Layers of Best Characteristics Essay History) Headlines, Herodotus#8230; and manager salary, Full-Field Sprints Healing Beyond Borders Heritage Hurricane Transformations In a Pickle Inspiration from an and Worst Characteristics of My, Energy Conversion Machine Its Name Was Wheelie#8230; Ive Grown Out of is cell specialization organism It John nash Journeys from the Dress-Up Box Keeping up with the Beat of the Drum Lessons from the Best Teachers Essay, Immigration Spectrum Leveraging Potential Looking Beyond the Castle Minga Mother Moving Music as My Second Language Music from the Heart Music in political ecology the Basement My Bedroom My Life My Unpopular Decision New Kind of Best Teachers Magic no Longer Invisible Overcoming the Fear of political ecology Failure Polar Bears Power of People Precious Planet Puzzles raising the of My Teachers Essay, Bar researching Cancer Roiphe-Harvard Supplement Essay rosencrantz and guildenstern Scientific Sparks Self Mind Simple Sentences Stage Fright Still Life Strength from Family Struggles Sustainable Development in Hesse’s Siddhartha South Africa The Brooke Run The Circle Game The Computer Doctor The Freedom to Be Different The House on and Worst of My Teachers Wellington Avenue The Journey The Little Things The Space Between the Notes Then and now: How the old frankenstien, Perseverance of a Working, Single Mother There Were No Tears Toddler Couture Transnationalism Made Flesh Unshakable Worth Untitled Wait List Supplement You Speak Too Fast Ziggurat.

Write My Paper Cheap - Effective Teachers Essay - 1755 Words | Bartleby

Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay

Buy Essay London - What Separates a Good Teacher from a Bad Teacher? Evaluation Essay

Write My Essay Online for Cheap - What Separates a Good Teacher from a Bad Teacher? Evaluation Essay

oedipus theme essay Ed Friedlander MD. This website collects no information. If you e-mail me, neither your e-mail address nor any other information will ever be passed on Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay, to any third party, unless required by law. I have no sponsors and do not host paid advertisements. All external links are provided freely to science, sites that I believe my visitors will find helpful. This page was last modified December 7, 2011.

If you are a student assigned to read Oedipus the King, and perhaps also to comment on Best and Worst Teachers, Aristotle's ideas about old frankenstien, tragedy and tragic flaws, this site will help you get started. Warning: This is NOT a family site, and Sophocles is NOT family entertainment. Oedipus the King is Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay a monument to Sophocles's dramatic genius, and to on House, the freedom of Athenian thought. Sophocles himself served as an Best Characteristics of My Essay army general. Two of his plays (Ajax and store Philoctetes) are performed today to help people understand post-traumatic stress disorder, suffered by good people who have undergone life's most horrible experiences. Oedipus the King develops a shocking -- perhaps even immoral -- idea about a human being's ultimate relationship to Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, the universe. Whether Sophocles's idea is true, or whether he believed it, are for you to decide. Commentators on Sophocles, beginning with Aristotle, have tried to cover over the obvious. This explains the nonsense about tragic flaws and hybris. We don't know whether there was a historical Oedipus. Oedipus means swollen feet.

The Greeks pronounced it oy-DEEP-us. Oed- is the same root as oedema / edema (tissue swelling; the British preserve the initial o), while -pus is misconceptions in primary science feet (hence octopus, the eight-footed animal.) Laius and Jocasta were king and queen of Thebes, a town in Greece. One day, they had a baby boy. An oracle prophesied that the boy would grow up and kill his father and marry his mother. To thwart the Characteristics of My Essay, prophecy, Laius and Jocasta decided to kill their baby.

In those days, it was usual to leave an unwanted or defective baby in the wilderness. Science! Laius and Characteristics Jocasta did this. To be extra-sure, they pierced his little feet and tied them together. (Don't worry about political ecology, why they bound or pierced the baby's feet, which would not have been necessary to guarantee the abandoned child's death. It may have been introduced to and Worst, explain the hero's name. It also helps later to harvard format, confirm Oedipus's true identity.) A kindly shepherd found the baby. He gave the baby to a friend, who took it to Corinth, another town. (Corinth reappears in the New Testament.) The king and queen of Corinth couldn't have a baby of their own. So they adopted the Best Characteristics Teachers, foundling.

Nobody ever told little Oedipus that his mother was never pregnant. One day, after he had grown up, a drunk mentioned his being adopted. Essay House! Oedipus questioned his parents, but they denied it. Oedipus visited various oracles to find out whether he was really adopted. Best Characteristics Essay! All the oracles told him instead that he would kill his father and marry his mother. (None of this makes much sense.

Again, don't worry about it. This is a folk tale.) To thwart the oracles, Oedipus left Corinth permanently. (Again, don't worry. Yes, Oedipus should have considered that, since he might be adopted, any older man might be his father and any older woman his mother. But this is a folk tale.) Travelling the roads, Oedipus got into new jersey tlo, a traffic squabble and killed a stranger who (unknown to him) was King Laius. In one version, there was a dispute over right-of-way on a bridge. In those days, high rank got to Characteristics Essay, go first, Oedipus identified himself as heir to sainsbury's salary, the throne of Corinth, and for some reason (again, don't worry about it) Laius's people simply attacked instead of explaining that he was king of Best of My Teachers Essay, Thebes. Some versions say that the rude Laius drove over Oedipus's sore foot, making him lose his temper. Soon Oedipus's smarts saved the town of Thebes, and he was made king. (In a folk-tale within a folk-tale, Oedipus solved the Riddle of the Sphinx.

What animal has four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and harvard reference format three legs in the evening? Of course the answer is a human being -- babies crawl and old folks use walking sticks.) Oedipus married Laius's widow, Queen Jocasta. He ruled well, and they had four children. Eventually, Oedipus and Jocasta found out what had really happened. (You must assume that accidentally killing your father and marrying your mother is a disaster.) Jocasta committed suicide, and Best and Worst Essay Oedipus blinded himself and became a wandering beggar. In the version that must have been the favorite of Sophocles's Athenian audience, Oedipus found sanctuary at Colonus, outside of Athens. The kindness he was shown at old frankenstien the end made the city itself blessed.

The moral of the folk tale? Even if you try to thwart your destiny, you won't succeed! In Iliad XXIII, we read about one Mecisteus, who went once to Thebes after the fall of Oedipus, to attend his funeral, and he beat all the people of Cadmus, evidently at boxing (funeral games) which is the subject of the passage. Best Characteristics! In the Odyssey XI's catalogue of shades, We read, I also saw fair Epicaste mother of king Oedipodes whose awful lot it was to marry her own son without suspecting it. Manager Salary! He married her after having killed his father, but the gods proclaimed the whole story to Best and Worst Teachers Essay, the world; whereon he remained king of Thebes, in great grief for the spite the gods had borne him; but Epicaste went to the house of the mighty jailor Hades, having hanged herself for grief, and the avenging spirits haunted him as for an outraged mother -- to his ruing bitterly thereafter. That's what Homer has to say about old frankenstien, Oedipus.

I've been assured that Homer intended the passage to illustrate Oedipus's having the tragic flaw of pride. I can't see what kind of and Worst of My, sense this makes. A NYU student found a personal meaning: What is the moral of this story? Don't go to House, a fortune teller! Let life take its course. Your fate is Best Characteristics of My Teachers Essay already written and sealed. If you know all there is to know about your life, then why bother living? You'll spend the rest of your life worrying about what's to format, come. Embrace life and its surprises. Oedipus Wrecked -- humor.

Wonders why Oedipus allowed himself to be made to feel so stigmatized by Teachers a mixup that wasn't his fault. Moral of the story: Being a victim of old frankenstien, gurus, society, and Essay circumstances does not relieve one of the responsibility of thinking for themselves. It does make for a tragic hero, however. Sphinxes -- and a lot on the background of the story. The author is sainsbury's salary with me on and Worst Teachers Essay, the hamartia business, below. Thanks for the sphinx. Long before we got civilized, ancient Europeans (Greeks, Vikings, others) were already talking about predestination. If something was going to happen, it would happen and there was nothing you could do about it.

Why would anybody talk like this? 1. Ancient people may have been impressed (or wanted to new jersey tlo, be impressed) by the fulfillment of prophecies. In our own world, most predictions by supposed psychics simply don't come true. But people want to believe in Best Characteristics of My Teachers Essay the supernatural, and people like to tell each other about the rare occasions when something happens that a psychic said would happen. Old Frankenstien! So money-making psychics make lots of predictions and keep them vague. People have such a strong desire to believe in the power of supernatural prediction that they even invent stories of psychic predictions being fulfilled. The most famous example (Nostradamus and the gray monk in Varennes woods) continues to be told, even though the tale of Louis XVI being disguised as a monk when he was captured there is just a lie.

You'll need to decide for yourself whether prophecies of religionists (past or present) come true today, or have ever come true. Some Christians have taught that the Greek oracles were successful because they were diabolic, and that they went silent on the first Christmas (for example, Milton's Hymn on the Morning of Christ's Nativity). And Worst Essay! People want to believe in oracles. 2. Misconceptions In Primary Science! Believing in predestination frees people from worry. Talking about unalterable destiny is extremely popular among soldiers going into Best and Worst Teachers, battle -- a powerful antidote to old frankenstien, obessive fear that would slow or distract a warrior. Soldiers tell each other, If the bullet has your name on Teachers, it, you will die. This seems to spur them on to bravery, self-sacrifice, peace-of-mind, and warm camaraderie. Talk about fate, predestination, and so forth has found its way into warriors' tales across many cultures. In the Iliad , even Zeus (? same word as theos or God) is sometimes subject to Fate (though sometimes Zeus is fate). We also see this in peacetime, whenever people face frightful conflict. A Calvinist friend of mine who struggled with his sexual issues told me how comforted he felt knowing God had chosen him anyway.

For some reason that I do not understand, he could believe in this. He could not believe that he was loved by God as His creation, or loved by God for the sake of Jesus, or even that his sexual orientation might not be the crime that he'd been made to believe it was. Again, I'm no psychiatrist, but I'm glad he could find a formulation that brought him comfort. Most Christians believe that we are responsible for our behavior even though God knows what we will do. So Christians have argued about predestination from New Testament days. Luke says that the people who chose Christ were predestined to do so.

Dante asks the blessed souls in store salary heaven about predestination, and is told they don't know the answer, either. Martin Luther spent much of his youth obsessing over how he was unable to be as good as he wanted. He found his answer not in predestination, but in God's free gift of grace in Christ. For him, this was a comfort and assurance. Best And Worst Teachers! If you want to know whether you are predestined to be saved, just say your prayers. Then you will know you are predestined for salvation. John Calvin was horrified about the implications of predestination, but emphasized it in his teaching. New Jersey Tlo! Other preachers like Jonathan Spiders Edwards and Best Characteristics Teachers Essay the Wesleys taught that Christ had died for everybody and that everybody had a free choice. Milton has God foresee Adam's sin, and God explains that although He foresees it, he didn't make it happen, so he is justified in punishing Adam. Essay On A Doll’s House! Racine's Phaedra marked a return to themes of Greek tragedy and people being the victims of cruel destiny. Racine's milieu was Jansenism, a back-to-basics focus on hellfire and predestination that developed within Roman Catholicism.

Boswell, who wrote the and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers, biography of Samuel Johnson, obsessed about predestination and became profoundly depressed thinking he could end up damned eternally. Format! He's not the only person who's had this experience. And Worst Characteristics Essay! In the US, the Free Will Baptist denomination emphasized evangelization and in primary need to work hard to Characteristics Teachers Essay, bring others to Christ, against those who thought that God's predestination made this unnecessary. Some Hindus and Buddhists have taught that a person's behavior in a past life predestines happiness or misery in the current one, by the laws of karma. Individual believers may find that this frees them from store, bitterness over life's injustices (natural and human-made). You'll need to decide for yourself whether this is good or bad. Belief in karma has awakened social conscience and kindness to and Worst of My, strangers in those who believe that what goes around comes around.

The theme of predestination continues in old frankenstien secular literature. Chaucer (Troilus and Cressida, The Knight's Tale) deals with predestination. The former is Best of My Essay a character study, and the two lovers seem destined for trouble just because of who they are. Marlowe's Faustus and a popular fifties song proclaimed, Che sera sera -- what will be will be. On A Doll’s! Ambiguous -- do we make our own decisions or not? Prophecies that can't be thwarted are a favorite literary device, especially famous from Macbeth. Ideas about predestination are parodied in Tristram Shandy -- the baby is predestined to have a small nose and an ugly name despite the conscious efforts of the parents to avoid these supposed disasters.

Today, fulfilled prophecies are a staple of Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, fiction. Although the vast majority of psychic predictions in the real world are failures, they come true as plot devices on the Silver Screen. A new face of the predestination debate comes from the physicists' model of the world. At least in Newtonian physics, if you know everything about a closed system at sainsbury's salary one moment of time, you can predict everything that will happen in the future. If our world is really like this, then physical laws predetermine what will happen in our brains, and what we will think and do. The laws of physics (ultimately) even determine our decisions about which side to take in and Worst Teachers a college bull session about predestination versus free will. In physics, an electron can bounce like a billiard-ball but go through each of two holes like a wave. As a mainstream Christian, I'm accustomed of thinking that something can be two contrary things at the same time, and that apparent contradictions may not be real contradictions. The Good Lord feeds the birds, but I know how birds really get their food.

I give thanks to the Good Lord for the birth of a child, but nobody requests equal time for stork science. I know how I get sick and how I recover, and new jersey tlo thank the Good Lord for my recovery. The bread and wine are Christ's body and blood -- I don't know how. The best (though not the most scholarly) answer I've heard to Best and Worst Teachers, the Christian mystery of predestination goes something like this: When we are entering the New Jerusalem, we will see a sign overhead saying Enter of your free will. When we are inside, and Essay A Doll’s look back, the reverse of the sign will say God chose us from before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4). The folk tale of Characteristics Teachers Essay, Oedipus has a popular theme -- predestination. Sigmund Freud and the Oedipus complex aren't the subject of this site. Mainstream psychiatry doesn't believe (and never believed) Freud's precise formulation.

Freud observed that while there are many stories about predestination and old frankenstien unavoidable dooms, the story of Oedipus has gotten under people's skins since ancient times. The actual reason, of course, is that it's about dysfunctional family relationships, which really do have a lot to do with behavioral/mental illness. Oedipus -- the legend, from Wikipedia. And Worst Of My Essay! Tells about modern versions, including some modern ribaldry. Sophocles wrote Oedipus the King for harvard, the annual festival where playwrights competed for prizes. It was a major civic occasion, with attendance expected. Sophocles the writer is phenomenally good, especially considering his era.

His writing is tight, with each phrase contributing to Best of My Teachers, the whole. He is full of succinct observations on political example, life. And despite the limits of the and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, form, he often manages to make his characters seem like real individuals. The title of our play is often given in manager its Latin translation Oedipus Rex, rather than in its original Greek (Oedipus Tyranneus), since the Greek term for and Worst Essay, king is the English tyrant which means a monarch who rules without the consent of the people. As the A Doll’s House, play opens, the Characteristics, priest of Zeus and a bunch of non-speaking characters (old people, children) appear before King Oedipus with tree-branches wrapped with wool. It was evidently the ecology example, custom to do this in front of a god's altar when you wanted something urgently. Oedipus greets them as a caring, compassionate leader.

The priest explains (really for the audience's benefit) that Thebes is suffering from a plague. Characteristics Essay! Plants, animals, and people are all dying. The people know Oedipus is not a god, but they believe that some god inspired him to solve the riddle of the sphinx and save the town. Old Frankenstien! And since Oedipus has been king, he has done a splendid job. So now people look to him to find a cure for Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, the plague.

Oedipus explains (really for the audience's benefit) that he has sent Creon (Jocasta's brother) to the oracle of the god Apollo at Delphi to get an Essay on answer. He's late returning, but as soon as he gets back, Oedipus promises to do whatever the oracle says. Just then, Creon arrives. Since it's good news, he is wearing laurel leaves with berries around his head. Creon says, All's well that ends well. (I'm told that the Greeks loved irony.) Apollo said that the killer of Laius must be found and banished, and the plague will end. And Apollo has promised that a diligent investigation will reveal the killer. Oedipus asks to review the Best Characteristics of My, facts. Misconceptions! All that is known is and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay that Laius left for Delphi and new jersey tlo never returned. (Don't ask what Oedipus did with the bodies of Best and Worst of My Essay, Laius and new jersey tlo his crew.) There was no immediate investigation, because of the sphinx problem.

One of Laius's men escaped, and walked back to Thebes. (Don't ask what Oedipus did with Laius's horses and chariot.) By the time he got back, Oedipus was being hailed as king. The witness said Laius was killed by a gang of robbers. (We can already figure out why the witness lied. And we'll learn later that he asked immediately to be transferred away from Thebes, and has been gone ever since.) Oedipus reflects that if the killers are still at and Worst of My Essay large, they are still a danger. He decides to issue a policy statement to help find the killer. The chorus, in a song, calls on the various gods (including Triple Artemis, in her aspects as huntress, moon-goddess, and goddess of dark sorcery), to save them from the plague and from the evil god Ares, who is on House ordinarily the Teachers Essay, god of war but is here the misconceptions science, god of general mass death. Oedipus issues a policy statement, that whoever comes forward with information about the murder of Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers, Laius will be rewarded, and that if the killer himself confesses, he will not be punished beyond having to leave the political, city permanently. On the other hand, if anyone conceals the killer, Oedipus says he will be cursed. Oedipus continues that he will pursue the investigation just as if Laius were my own father. Best And Worst! (Irony.)

The Chorus says that Apollo ought to come right out and say who the murderer is. Misconceptions In Primary! (The Chorus's job is to Characteristics Essay, say what ordinary people think.) Oedipus says, Nobody can make the gods do what they don't want to. The chorus suggests bringing in example the blind psychic, Teiresias. Especially, they hope he can find the missing witness to Best and Worst Teachers, the killing. In those days, the Greeks believed that human psychics got their insights from the gods. There are other stories about Teiresias. As a young man, he ran into new jersey tlo, some magic snakes and and Worst of My Essay got his gender changed for seven years. Political! This enabled him to tell whether the male or the Best and Worst, female enjoys sex more. New Jersey Tlo! This was a secret known only to the gods, so he was punished with permanent blindness.

Teiresias comes in. Oedipus asks his help finding the killers, ending up by Best of My Essay saying, The greatest thing you can do with your life is to use all your special talents to help others unselfishly. Teiresias says cryptically, It's a terrible thing to be wise when there's nothing you can do. (As A.A. Milne would say later, and perhaps Oedipus too, When ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise.) Teiresias says, I want to misconceptions science, go home. Oedipus calls him unpatriotic. Teiresias says, Your words are wide of the mark ( hamartia ). Our expression in Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay English is You're missing the political ecology example, point. (Originally an archery target was a point.) We'll hear about hamartia again. Teiresias continues to stonewall, and Oedipus gets very angry. Finally Teiresias gives in, says Oedipus is the killer, and adds that he is Best and Worst living in shame with his closest relative. Oedipus goes ballistic and calls Teiresias some bad things based on his being blind. (Irony.) Teiresias says, You'll see soon. Oedipus understandably thinks this is a political trick to smear him, with Teiresias and Creon in cahoots.

Oedipus adds that Teiresias can't be much of a psychic, because he hadn't been able to handle the sphinx problem. The Chorus tells both men to cool down. Teiresias leaves, predicting disaster. Soon Oedipus will learn the truth and be a blind exile, leaning on old frankenstien, his staff. The Chorus sings about the oracle at Delphi, which was supposedly the center of the and Worst Teachers Essay, world. Gods are omniscient, but the chorus has its doubts about human psychics like Teiresias. Especially, they cannot believe Oedipus is a killer. Creon comes in, incensed that Oedipus would accuse him of trying to harvard reference format, smear him. The Chorus says Oedipus is simply angry. Creon says he must be nuts. The Chorus says that to the king's faults and misbehavior, they are blind. (See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil -- the norm in a non-democracy.) Oedipus comes in and accuses Creon directly of Best and Worst Characteristics of My Essay, planning a coup, using a smear by a crooked psychic as an excuse.

They exchange angry words. Old Frankenstien! Oedipus asks why Teiresias never mentioned knowing the killer until today. Creon can't explain this. Teachers Essay! He defends himself from the new jersey tlo, accusation of planning a coup. (1) Being king is and Worst Teachers too much trouble. (2) Creon has other worthwhile things to do. (3) Creon has everything he needs. (4) Creon has political influence anyway. (5) Creon is well-liked and isn't going to do an obvious wrong. New Jersey Tlo! You build a good reputation over of My Essay a lifetime.

A single bad action ruins it. Irony. Oedipus isn't satisfied. He says he wants Creon executed for treason. The shouting-match continues until Jocasta comes in in primary and tells them to break it up, there's too much trouble already. The Chorus says it agrees, and tells Jocasta that both men are at Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay fault. Creon leaves, and Jocasta asks what's happened.

The Chorus talks about what a fine king Oedipus has been, and says, Let's forget the whole business with Teiresias's prophecy. The Chorus uses a variant of the proverb, Let sleeping dogs lie. It's better not to ask about things that can make trouble. Irony. Oedipus talks about it anyway. Jocasta says, Well, I don't believe in psychics. I'll prove it. Laius and I were told that our baby would kill him and marry me. But this never happened, because we left the baby to die in the woods.

And the witness said that Laius was killed at that place where three roads meet by misconceptions robbers. Uh-oh, says Oedipus. Which three roads? Irony. Jocasta says, It's where the roads from Thebes, Delphi, and Daulis meet. And it happened just before you solved the riddle of the sphinx and became king. Oedipus is upset. He asks Zeus (chief god), What are you doing to me? He asks Jocasta for a description. Jocasta says, Tall, a little gray in his hair, and you know something, he looked a lot like you. Irony.

Oedipus continues his questioning. Characteristics! The one witness, seeing Oedipus as the old frankenstien, new king, asked for Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, a distant transfer. He was a good man, and Jocasta didn't know why he wanted away, but she granted his request. Oedipus tells his story. He was going to ecology example, the oracles to find out whether he was adopted. And Worst Of My! All of science, them told him simply that he would kill his father and marry his mother. As he was traveling alone at the place Jocasta has mentioned, he met a group of men going in the opposite direction. The men, including the leader, started insulting him. Sophocles makes it sound like like a gang of and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, rough men just hassling a lone stranger for fun.

One of the reference format, men shoved Oedipus. Oedipus punched him back. Best And Worst Of My Essay! The leader struck Oedipus treacherously on the back of the head with the horse staff, Oedipus turned and hit the manager, leader in the chest with his own staff, knocking him out of the chariot. Then Oedipus managed to kill them all except for the one who ran away. It was justifiable, self-defense. But Oedipus is devastated.

He says he must be the killer of Laius, and he is ashamed that he has been having sex with his victim's wife. Oedipus says This is too terrible to have happened naturally -- it must be the malicious work of some god or other. And Worst Essay! He says he will simply leave the city, now, and let the plague end. He adds that he cannot go back to Corinth, for fear of store manager, killing his own father and marrying his own mother. The Chorus is and Worst Characteristics of My deeply sympathetic to Oedipus, and appreciative of his willingness to go voluntarily into exile to save the city. They say, Before you make your final decision, try to find the last witness. Maybe he will exonerate you. And Oedipus notes, The witness did say it was robbers, plural. Jocasta adds, Whatever happens, I'll never believe in psychics or oracles. Laius was prophesied to die by the hand of sainsbury's store manager salary, his own child. The Chorus sings a puzzling song about Characteristics Teachers Essay, how (1) we have to obey the gods; (2) the gods's best gift is good government; (3) if the government is bad, there is no reason to be good; (4) nobody believes in old frankenstien oracles any more.

Jocasta comes in, having visited the local shrines and left little offerings, and asks people to join her in praying for the distraught Oedipus. He's our leader, and we need him now. Best Of My Teachers Essay! She prays to Apollo to political example, make this disastrous situation better. Irony. Just then, a messenger comes in from Corinth. He says Lucky Jocasta, you lucky wife! (Actually, Blessed is of My Teachers Essay your marriage bed!

Irony.) The king of Corinth has died, and the Corinthians have chosen Oedipus to be their new king. (Greek city-states were often elective monarchies.) Jocasta says, Great news. And Oedipus will be especially pleased, because now the oracle about him killing his father is void. You see, I was right not to new jersey tlo, believe in oracles. Irony. Oedipus comes in, hears the news, and says, Maybe the oracle has been fulfilled figuratively; perhaps he died of grief for my absence.

But I'm still worried about marrying my mother. Jocasta says, Forget it. Life is governed by chance, not destiny. Maybe you'll dream about marrying your mother. You should ignore dreams. Oedipus is still worried. When he explains to the messenger, the man cracks up and says, Well, I've got some good news for you.

You don't have to worry about marrying the of My Essay, lady you've called mother. because you're adopted! All hell breaks loose. Political Ecology Example! Oedipus questions the messenger, and learns the messenger had been herding sheep, had met a shepherd who had found Oedipus, had taken the and Worst Characteristics of My Essay, baby, had taken the pin out of his ankles, and had given him to the king and queen of Corinth to raise as their own. Oedipus is starting to harvard, wonder about what has always been wrong with his feet. Oedipus says, It's time to clear this up.

Send for Best and Worst Essay, the other shepherd. Jocasta realizes exactly what has happened. Jocasta begs Oedipus NOT to pursue the matter. Oedipus says he has to know. (If Oedipus wasn't so intent on getting to the truth, there'd be no play.) Jocasta runs out horribly upset. Oedipus is a little slower, and thinks, Perhaps she's upset to find out I'm not really of royal blood. But what the heck -- I'm 'Destiny's child' -- and that's something to be proud of!

I'm me. Irony. The Chorus sing a song in on A Doll’s House honor of Apollo, and of the woods where Oedipus was found. The say the spot will become famous. Perhaps Oedipus is the child of nymphs and satyrs. Irony. The other shepherd is Best and Worst Essay brought in.

He already has figured things out, and pretends he doesn't remember. Then he begs the other messenger to in primary, be quiet. But Oedipus insists on the truth. It comes out. Jocasta and Laius crippled the baby and put it in the woods to foil a prophecy. Oedipus had, indeed, always wondered what was wrong with his feet. Now everybody knows the truth. Oedipus rushes out. The Chorus sings a song about how transient happiness is, what a splendid king Oedipus has been, and how Oedipus is now the victim of Best Characteristics of My Essay, destiny.

The next scene is an extremely graphic account, by an eyewitness. Jocasta ran into the bedroom, screaming. She locked the door from inside. A few minutes later, Oedipus came in, and broke down the door with what seemed to be supernatural strength. He found Jocasta dead, hanging. Oedipus took the body down, then removed the pin that held up her dress.

He stabbed it again and again into in primary science, his eyes, saying he has looked at his mother's naked body when he shouldn't, and he has learned what he now wishes he hadn't. The blood didn't merely dribble, as after a single needlestick. And Worst! It gushed on both sides. For this to happen, the choroidal artery that enters the harvard, eye from behind must be severed. We can think that Oedipus has actually torn the globes from their sockets. Oedipus now begs to Best, be taken out of the city (so that the plague will end), but he has no strength and no guide. Oedipus comes in.

Evidently Oedipus passed out in primary, after blinding himself, and he curses the person who resuscitated him. The Chorus asks, How were you able to rip out your eyeballs? Oedipus replies, Apollo gave me the strength to do it. Creon is the new king. Best And Worst Characteristics Of My Essay! He is not angry, merely kind. He helps Oedipus up and out of the city, guided by his two daughters. Staff in hand, Oedipus himself is the answer to the riddle of the sphinx. Oedipus says that some incredible destiny must surely await him. But the Chorus ends with a reflection on how transient human happiness often is: Don't say anybody is fortunate until that person is dead -- the final rest, free from pain. (There is an echo here of Solon's words to Croesus -- don't assume that any particular life will end happily. Is the sense the same here, or different?)

What is Sophocles saying? To discern an author's intentions, look for material that is not required by the plot or intended simply to please the audience. In retelling the new jersey tlo, story of Best of My Teachers Essay, Oedipus, Sophocles goes beyond mere irony. A major theme in the play is whether one can believe in oracles and psychics. By extension, the question is ecology example whether the Greeks believed their own mythology. Sophocles makes a special effort to and Worst Teachers Essay, explain that Oedipus killed Laius in self-defense. More generally, Sophocles goes out of his way to harvard, present Oedipus as an extremely capable, beloved administrator. Conspicuously, Sophocles NEVER suggests that Oedipus has brought his destiny on himself by any ungodly pride ( hybris ) or tragic flaw ( hamartia ). The last lines seem ambiguous.

They could mean that the dead are more fortunate than the living, because they do not experience pain. Is life really that bad? The gods made the prophecies that led Oedipus into disaster. The sphinx appeared (she must have been sent by the gods), and Oedipus solved her riddle (the chorus says he must have been guided by the gods.) Teiresias could not solve the of My, riddle, or detect the killer -- thanks to the gods. At the old frankenstien, beginning, Apollo's oracle simply says, Find the killer -- leading to the cruel ironies of the play. Oedipus specifically says the gods set up his extraordinary misfortune. And at Best and Worst Characteristics Essay the end, Apollo merely gives Oedipus the strength to carve his own eyes out of their sockets.

In other words, Sophocles says that Oedipus's frightful misadventure is the intentional work of the gods. At the Essay on House, end, everybody says this. Pure and and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay simple. Nobody even asks why. The Golden Age of Athens was a time for thinkers, scientists, inventors, and for people to share ideas freely. Greeks were very impressed with reason, and must surely have been asking whether they still believed in their mythology. Social conservatives prosecuted Socrates for expressing doubts about the gods, but only because they thought this would corrupt the minds of young people. (Does this sound familiar?) People have often noted that comedy and melodrama have arisen independently in many cultures, but that tragedy has its unique beginnings in Athens's golden age -- the first time that we hear people asking the tough questions about what they really believed. The idea that Sophocles is example putting forward is much like the dark supernatural suggestions that Stephen King offers our own doubting age. And Worst Characteristics! Stephen King and his readers don't really believe in his creepy monsters. And I don't know whether Sophocles really believed the message of Oedipus the King.

Sophocles is saying, Maybe the gods do exist. and are consciously and elaborately MALICIOUS. This is the only reason that such terrible things could happen to people. Aristotle's Poetics are lecture notes on misconceptions, poetry, with a focus on tragedy. Aristotle liked to classify and evaluate things, and Best Teachers Essay also liked to political ecology example, talk about Best and Worst of My Teachers, human virtue and vice. Eventually, this got him the best teaching job of his time, as tutor to the boy who became Alexander the Great. Aristotle is reacting in part against Plato's objection to political ecology example, art and theater. Aristotle was especially interested in justifying tragedy to an audience concerned with public morals. I am quoting below from the translation of the Best Characteristics Teachers, Poetics by S.H. Barber. After introducing his subject, Aristotle talks about the subject of tragedy.

Since the objects of imitation are men in action, and these men must be either of a higher or a lower type (for moral character mainly answers to these divisions, goodness and badness being the distinguishing marks of moral differences), it follows that we must represent men either as better than in Essay real life, or as worse, or as they are. Of My! It is the same in painting. Polygnotus depicted men as nobler than they are, Pauson as less noble, Dionysius drew them true to life. Essay On A Doll’s House! -- II. In other words, when you paint or play a person, you can idealize him, you can lampoon him, or you can try for realism. And Worst Characteristics Of My! Aristotle continues. The same distinction marks off Tragedy from Comedy; for Comedy aims at representing men as worse, Tragedy as better than in actual life. -- II. Aristotle means both better-spoken and of better moral character. Aristotle goes on to explain why people make poetry in the first place. He decides that there's an instinct to mimic things, and people like the imitations of others because it's fun to recognize things. He continues. Poetry now diverged in two directions, according to the individual character of the writers.

The graver spirits imitated noble actions, and the actions of good men. The more trivial sort imitated the actions of meaner persons, at first composing satires, as the former did hymns to on A Doll’s, the gods and the praises of famous men. -- IV. Aristotle adds that the tragedians were the and Worst of My, successors of the epic poets, who also focused on misconceptions in primary science, high and noble deeds. Aristotle wonders whether Tragedy will ever be better than it was in his era. Characteristics! He tells about its origins in improvisation, and harvard format its recent history. Aeschylus first introduced a second actor; he diminished the importance of the Chorus, and assigned the leading part to the dialogue. Sophocles raised the number of actors to Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, three, and added scene-painting. -- IV Originally, tragedies were songs sung by a chorus. Then one member would take the role of a character. Aeschylus added a second speaking part apart from the chorus.

Sophocles added a third, and political introduced stage scenery. Now Aristotle moves into the famous definition of and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, tragedy. Tragedy, then, is an imitation of an harvard reference format action that is serious, complete, and of a certain magnitude; in language embellished with each kind of artistic ornament, the several kinds being found in separate parts of the play; in Best and Worst Characteristics Essay the form of on A Doll’s House, action, not of narrative; through pity and fear effecting the proper purgation of these emotions. -- VI. Tragedy must be a unified story, about something important. Aristotle would say later that tragedy should involve high-ranking people. He doesn't give any reason that makes sense. Probably he thought that the great themes of Best Characteristics Essay, life required larger-than-life characters. Arthur Miller would write about a salesman as a tragic hero, Willy Low-Man. Manager Salary! And a comic hero would be Truman -- the one true-man in and Worst of My a world that deceives him.

The end of the paragraph begins the business that has caused all the trouble. Old Frankenstien! Purging means taking a laxative (our word cathartic for a laxative comes from the Greek term catharsis, which you already know). You watch a tragedy to have a good cry, and get rid of your ideas about bad things happening to Best of My Teachers, good people. Every Tragedy, therefore, must have six parts, which parts determine its quality- namely, Plot, Character, Diction, Thought, Spectacle, Song. -- VI. Aristotle goes on to explain what these are. Plot: the story; the ecology example, good ones focus on a single episode. Character: the personalities of the Best and Worst Essay, characters, as shown in their words and actions. (Considering the limitations of the form, the Greeks did a nice job of drawing character.) Diction: the old frankenstien, right choice of words.

Aristotle points out how effective using just the right word can be. Thought: Arguments and exposition. Aristotle compares it to Characteristics of My, rhetoric. Spectacle: as we'd say, special effects. Not so much the poet's business as the stage-specialist's. Song: words joined to music. What is missing? Aristotle never mentions theme , the thoughts about life on which tragedies can be based. Aristotle was a very smart person, and the Greek tragedies remain popular today, not as museum pieces, but as comments on life. Yet Aristotle is silent on this important element of tragedy.

As you continue to study literature, you'll constantly look for themes. I like Shakespeare, and like the ancient Greeks, his themes are often troubling. Macbeth gets much of its impact from its central question -- Is life really a meaningless exercise in a dog-eat-dog world? Hamlet focuses on the phoniness and reference format meanness of Best and Worst Teachers Essay, human society. Manager! Hamlet starts by wishing he was dead. At the Characteristics of My Teachers, end, he comes to terms with life as many modern secularists do, deciding to live and love well in an unfair world. The themes of Romeo and Juliet were radical in Shakespeare's time.

Shakespeare changed the messsage of new jersey tlo, his source (which was a cautionary tale for teenagers to obey their parents instead of making their own decisions.) Young people should be allowed to choose their own husbands and wives. The disasters of young people -- even a godawful teenaged murder-suicide -- can sometimes be rightly blamed on their parents. And love gives happiness and dignity even in the worst circumstances. Antony and Cleopatra asks the of My Teachers Essay, age-old question: Does illicit love ennoble people, or just degrade them? King Lear reaches a conclusion similar to Oedipus the King, but with the idea that unselfish human love can, at old frankenstien least temporarily, give beauty and meaning in and Worst Characteristics Essay a godless world. Aristotle, the school-teacher, is old frankenstien actually steering his students AWAY from looking for themes. Aristotle goes on and Worst Characteristics of My Essay, to say that the plot is best kept unified, without subplots, and the action not covering more then 24 hours. Subjects from mythology are traditional but not mandatory. (Aristotle thought people would be more willing to suspend disbelief if the in primary, stories came from Best of My Essay, accepted mythology.) If there are to be coincidences, they should seem to make sense. But again, Tragedy is an imitation not only of a complete action, but of events inspiring fear or pity. Such an harvard format effect is best produced when the events come on us by surprise; and the effect is heightened when, at the same time, they follow as cause and effect.

The tragic wonder will then be greater than if they happened of themselves or by and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay accident; for harvard reference, even coincidences are most striking when they have an air of design. We may instance the Best and Worst Characteristics Essay, statue of Mitys at Argos, which fell upon his murderer while he was a spectator at a festival, and killed him. Such events seem not to be due to mere chance. Plots, therefore, constructed on these principles are necessarily the best. -- IX. Coincidences are crowd-pleasers, and on A Doll’s people are willing to suspend disbelief in them. (People want to believe in magic.) A character today might say that the falling statue expressed the will of the Best Characteristics Essay, Force. Aristotle launches into a big discussion about simple vs. Science! complex plots. The best plots are complex, with twists or irony (he calls both of these reversal of the situation) or bombshells (recognition scenes). Aristotle describes a scene of suffering as characteristic of tragedy; it depicts somebody suffering physically or dying onstage. A perfect tragedy should, as we have seen, be arranged not on the simple but on the complex plan.

It should, moreover, imitate actions which excite pity and fear, this being the Best and Worst Essay, distinctive mark of tragic imitation. It follows plainly, in the first place, that the change of fortune presented must not be the old frankenstien, spectacle of a virtuous man brought from prosperity to adversity: for this moves neither pity nor fear; it merely shocks us. Nor, again, that of a bad man passing from adversity to prosperity: for nothing can be more alien to Best Characteristics of My Essay, the spirit of Tragedy; it possesses no single tragic quality; it neither satisfies the moral sense nor calls forth pity or fear. A Doll’s House! Nor, again, should the downfall of the utter villain be exhibited. And Worst Characteristics Of My! A plot of this kind would, doubtless, satisfy the moral sense, but it would inspire neither pity nor fear; for pity is aroused by old frankenstien unmerited misfortune, fear by the misfortune of a man like ourselves. Such an event, therefore, will be neither pitiful nor terrible. There remains, then, the character between these two extremes- that of Best Teachers, a man who is not eminently good and just, yet whose misfortune is new jersey tlo brought about not by vice or depravity, but by some error or frailty . He must be one who is highly renowned and Characteristics Teachers Essay prosperous -- a personage like Oedipus, Thyestes, or other illustrious men of such families. -- XIII This passage continues to cause problems. Misconceptions In Primary! Plays about bad people ending up happy don't satisfy Aristotle. (Beavis and Best of My Butt-Head Do America doesn't fit Aristotle's definition of tragedy.) Plays about thoroughly bad people getting their just deserts in the end don't work because we can't identify with the bad guy. (Richard III doesn't fit Aristotle's definition of a tragedy, either.) Finally, Aristotle cannot imagine that a tragedy could deal with disaster befalling a completely sympathetic character. He says this would merely shock us. But Oedipus the King DOES shock us, and is intended to do so. Why is Aristotle avoiding the obvious?

We'll soon see. A well-constructed plot should, therefore, be single in its issue, rather than double as some maintain. The change of fortune should be not from bad to good, but, reversely, from good to bad. It should come about in primary, as the result not of vice, but of some great error or frailty, in a character either such as we have described, or better rather than worse. The practice of the stage bears out our view. -- XIII. By double plots, Aristotle is referring to serious plays that have a disaster in the middle, but a happy ending. Aristotle considers these to be inferior, but admits that many people prefer them. In the and Worst of My Teachers, second rank comes the kind of tragedy which some place first. Misconceptions In Primary! Like the Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, Odyssey, it has a double thread of harvard format, plot, and also an opposite catastrophe for the good and for the bad.

It is accounted the best because of the weakness of the spectators; for the poet is guided in what he writes by Characteristics of My Teachers Essay the wishes of his audience. The pleasure, however, thence derived is old frankenstien not the true tragic pleasure. It is proper rather to Comedy, where those who, in the piece, are the deadliest enemies -- like Orestes and Aegisthus -- quit the stage as friends at the close, and no one slays or is Best of My Teachers Essay slain. -- XIII This only makes sense if you share Aristotle's assumption that the misconceptions in primary science, purpose of serious drama is to make you have a good scare and a good cry and go back to thinking that real-life is more fair. Aristotle goes on to explain that the best plots and Best Teachers Essay the best scripts themselves arouse pity and fear, and that the best plays don't even need the special effects. Science! Fear and pity may be aroused by Best of My Teachers Essay spectacular means; but they may also result from the inner structure of the piece, which is the better way, and indicates a superior poet. For the plot ought to be so constructed that, even without the aid of the political, eye, he who hears the tale told will thrill with horror and melt to pity at Characteristics what takes place. This is the impression we should receive from hearing the sainsbury's store manager salary, story of the Oedipus. -- XIV. Aristotle goes on. Let us then determine what are the circumstances which strike us as terrible or pitiful. -- XIV They are aroused especially when people kill friends or family. The killer may or may not know what he/she is of My Teachers doing.

It can happen onstage, or be discovered, as (Aristotle points out) in Oedipus the King. Aristotle was a product of his times. In respect of Character there are four things to be aimed at. First, and most important, it must be good. Now any speech or action that manifests moral purpose of any kind will be expressive of character: the Essay A Doll’s, character will be good if the purpose is good. This rule is relative to each class. Even a woman may be good, and Best Essay also a slave; though the woman may be said to be an inferior being, and the slave quite worthless. The second thing to aim at is propriety. There is new jersey tlo a type of manly valor; but valor in a woman, or unscrupulous cleverness is inappropriate. -- XV. We do not have to be left-wing activists or injustice-collectors to despise this kind of sexism and classism.

But the and Worst, truth is new jersey tlo that on the Greek stage, the women are as interesting, sympathetic, intelligent and Characteristics Essay brave as the men -- an obvious fact that Aristotle ignores. Aristotle goes on to say that characters should be believable, the kinds of House, people we meet in life, and that characters should be consistent. Aristotle has a problem with Euripides's Iphegenia in Aulis, which tells the story of a sudden decision for heroic altruism. It remains to speak of Best Teachers Essay, Diction and Thought, the harvard reference format, other parts of Tragedy having been already discussed. And Worst! Concerning Thought, we may assume what is said in the Rhetoric, to which inquiry the subject more strictly belongs. Under Thought is included every effect which has to be produced by speech, the subdivisions being: proof and refutation; the excitation of the feelings, such as pity, fear, anger, and the like; the new jersey tlo, suggestion of importance or its opposite. Teachers! Now, it is evident that the dramatic incidents must be treated from the same points of view as the dramatic speeches, when the object is to evoke the sense of pity, fear, importance, or probability. -- XIX. Aristotle talks about harvard reference format, realism, which is a curious topic when talking about Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, tales from Greek mythology. Further, if it be objected that the description is not true to fact, the poet may perhaps reply, But the objects are as they ought to be; just as Sophocles said that he drew men as they ought to be; Euripides, as they are. In this way the objection may be met.

If, however, the representation be of neither kind, the poet may answer, This is in primary how men say the thing is, applies to tales about the gods. It may well be that these stories are not higher than fact nor yet true to fact: they are, very possibly, what Xenophanes says of them. -- XXV. Xenophanes came out and said it -- the tales of and Worst Teachers Essay, Greek Mythology are fiction. Aristotle knows this is important, but once again, he avoided the on, rough issue. Somebody may ask you about Sophocles portraying people as they should be, and Euripides portraying people as they are. Best Characteristics Of My Teachers! Sophocles shows Oedipus as gracious, capable, and altruistic.

Sophocles has Ajax write a magnificent suicide note and old frankenstien end a useful life rather than live with the Best Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, stigma of mental illness. Sophocles has Orestes kill his own mother without a lick of regret, making a speech about how everybody who breaks any law should be summarily executed. Euripides, by contrast, shows a woman murdering her two children in sainsbury's store cold blood just to get back at their father. You can have fun examining this further. I think I understand. Aristotle got paid to tell young people that if they lived good lives, really bad things wouldn't happen to them. To explain why they saw really bad things happening to good people onstage, Aristotle gave two (contradictory) answers.

1. Of My Teachers Essay! When something really bad happens to political, a good person in of My Essay a tragedy, it is because that person has a tragic flaw. 2. When something really bad happens to a good person in new jersey tlo a tragedy, it is Best and Worst Characteristics Essay just make-believe. It is salary so you can have a good scare and a good cry. And Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay! This gets these emotions out of your system. You can go back to the real world, where life is fair. It's bunk, intended to keep people from complaining about Sophocles's devastating theme. Aristotle may have been the first schoolteacher to smokescreen Sophocles's message that the Essay House, gods might be malicious. Characteristics Teachers! He may have thought he was right to do so.

Aristotle's popularity among schoolteachers has helped hide Sophocles's grim idea. Even today, students are forced to write essays about tragic flaws and harvard purging pity and fear. Somehow, hybris (ungodly pride, arrogance, and so forth) has come to be identified as the usual tragic fault. Characteristics Of My! I cannot understand why -- the idea does not seem to be Aristotle's. But whenever something bad happens to a basically good person in a tragedy, students are invited to see hybris. (Hubris is the same word; the Greek letter upsilon looks like our Y and is its origin, but the sound was more like the uhh that I make when I have no idea what to say.) In Antigone , Sophocles has the on A Doll’s, chorus specifically call Creon on his hybris, i.e., his impious decree intended to promote national security.

I have seen this section from and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, Antigone quoted and said to be from Oedipus the King, as proof that Oedipus has a tragic flaw of hybris. In Aeschylus's Agamemnon , the misconceptions in primary science, murderess gets the Best Characteristics of My Teachers, victim to do a vainglorious, un-Greek walk down a red carpet in Essay on A Doll’s House order to gain public support after the murder. And Worst Characteristics! Other characters (Aeschylus's Prometheus, the victims of Euripides's Dionysus) are punished wrongfully for standing up for what most of us would say is common sense and Essay A Doll’s House genuine goodness. And Worst Teachers! It is hard to generalize this. Interestingly, I can't find the idea of manager salary, hybris in Aristotle's Poetics. During the sixties, we especially resented being told that Antigone's act of civil disobedience / political protest was hybris. Best Teachers Essay! You can't defend yourself against misconceptions in primary science an accusation of Best Characteristics Essay, hybris.

I am an honest physician who engages in public debates. When I catch somebody deliberately deceiving the reference format, public, they never defend their cases on Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers, the facts, but almost always call me arrogant or elitist. Sainsbury's Manager Salary! (If you have no case, shout hybris!) Through my Shakespeare site, I often get requests, What is Hamlet's tragic flaw?, etc., etc. Best Characteristics Of My Teachers! I tell people that they're asking the political, wrong question, and to look instead at what the author is really saying about life. If Aristotle and his successors had been free to Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay, speak the truth clearly, here are some points that would come up in discussion and with which most students (then and old frankenstien now) would probably agree. In our world, very bad things do sometimes happen to Best Characteristics Teachers Essay, very good people. Your chief security comes from what people know you can do well.

This results in sainsbury's store turn from your natural abilities, your effort, and your good character. Best And Worst Of My Essay! It's safest, and the best strategy, to try to be a good person. It's fun to be scared at harvard reference format shows, and to cry. But we don't want to be rid of these emotions, but to feel them most intensely. Perhaps we can also bring back, from Characteristics of My, a good play or movie, something that will help us make sense of ourselves, our neighbors, and our world. Oedipus seeks the truth about himself despite the warnings that it will not bring him happiness. In Primary! We cannot blame Aristotle for the centuries of ignorance during which his authority was used to limit free inquiry.

But today, most people admire those who bravely seek the Best and Worst, truth about nature, and about themselves. It is a modern, rather than an A Doll’s Aristotelian, theme. Greek serious drama (tragedy) reaches an Characteristics Essay intensity that remains unsurpassed. Serious drama did go on, after the Greeks, to become richer in many ways, including variety of plot, character, and theme. Much of the power of serious literature (like tragedy, and in primary like the comedies of and Worst of My Teachers Essay, Aristophanes and Shakespeare) comes from the philosophical issues that it raises. Old Frankenstien! We do not have to be frightened when we run into Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay, a theme with which we disagree. If history teaches us anything, it is political ecology that we need to be more frightened of and Worst Characteristics of My Essay, people who would restrict the free sharing of on House, ideas, or force a stupid right-wing or left-wing ideology on us.

Young people naturally discuss whether the stories they hear in church are true, and and Worst Characteristics of My perhaps even whether the universe itself might be malevolent. (Today's teens enjoy the tongue-in-cheek adventure game, Call of Cthulhu, in which the spiritual powers of the universe are insanely cruel, though less subtle.) Whether or not Sophocles was serious in putting this latter idea forward, simply recognizing that he has done so will not corrupt the morals of young people. Every person must find his or her own answer to the mystery of political ecology example, why bad things happen to good people in a universe supposedly under God's control. Yet even if people reach different conclusions, and and Worst of My Teachers Essay express them freely, people can usually still live and sainsbury's salary work together in peace and and Worst Characteristics of My good-will. Few thinking people, then or now, will credit the idea that Apollo, or one of old frankenstien, his counterparts, deliberately engineers disasters. But Sophocles's theme rings partially true to those of us who approach the universe with a sense of awe, as a mystery where perhaps there is more than there appears to be. They may not have told you that hamartia is the word used in the original Greek of the New Testament for Best of My Essay, sin. Ecology! The King James Version has 172 instances. Jim Donahoe's essay on Oedipus's tragic flaw is no longer online.

In the end however, Oedipus becomes more humble and accepts his fate. He becomes a better person and is better off after his fall. Dr. Black, from Characteristics Teachers, Malaspina College (link now down) wrote that Oedipus's flaw is store manager his special ability to solve riddles, his detective ability, one might say, or his intellect. Best Characteristics! Yet this is a form of hubris -- the belief that one can understand, read, predict, control the future etc. through one's native wit, and this is what brings him down, despite several warnings to sainsbury's store manager, give up the hunt. Reason = Apollo. Myth Man.

Oedipus. Best Characteristics Essay! brought about his own downfall because of his excessive obsession to know himself. A Doll’s House! I'm honored to be the source of his quotation (Thus, some say that the moral of the Best Characteristics of My, story is, Even if you try to thwart your destiny, you won't succeed.). Link is misconceptions science now down. University of Pennsylvania classics department essay on Oedipus's tragic flaw . in this account, his basic flaw is his lack of knowledge about his own identity. Characteristics! The writer is fair enough to point out that unlike other tragic heroes, Oedipus bears no responsibility for his flaw.

You can decide for reference, yourself whether this fits with Aristotle's use of the Best and Worst Teachers Essay, term, taken in context. Ian Johnston -- also offers a free translation (thanks!) Points out themes common to Essay on House, world literature prior to the decline in religious belief. Who does control our lives? What sort of Best Characteristics of My, relationship do we have to that divine force? Concludes that Oedipus has no moral failures, and that his flaw is on House his very excellence -- and this also gives him his tragic greatness.

Letters on the Classics People always think that because Aristotle said a tragic hero's downfall should be due to a tragic flaw (hamartia) , and Aristotle admired King Oedipus above all tragedies, therefore Oedipus must have a flaw. [This is a false premise under Aristotle's very own logic.] And so they have struggled to find one. The whole business of Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers, 'tragic flaws' is something that English and Drama teachers have got hold of from some book they read when they were students. No one these days who has actually studied Greek tragedy believes there is any such thing. Tragic Flaws . . I realized something quite interesting: just about everything Aristle says about ecology example, tragic heroes is wrong. Aristotle had postulated the of My, principle of the tragic flaw in tragedy.

A hero, who is in primary science mostly good, makes some sort of mistake related to acharacter flaw, usually hybris or pride. And Worst Of My Teachers Essay! However, from manager salary, what I read, I realised that tragic heroes are almost never brought down by and Worst of My flaws or by hybris . Ecology! In fact, in most cases, the protagonist is actually destroyed by his or her virtues. In puzzling over this, I realised that Aristotle is, in Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay fact,not trying to explain exactly what is happening in tragedy but what should be happening. He is political ecology answering a very specific challenge to the very existence of tragedy presented by Plato in the Republic Book III. Teachers! Plato had argued that tragedy corrupted the on, audience. Aristotle's development of the tragic flaw is a response to this challenge. The author has a Ph.D. in Essay Ancient and old frankenstien Medieval Philosophy.

Link is now down: Cyber Essays to help students. Best Characteristics Essay! The anonymous author discusses Oedipus the King with reference to Socrates's dictum, The unexamined life is not worth living and (A.A. Winnie the Pooh Milne's dictum) When ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise. Seeking a tragic flaw for Oedipus, the author says that Oedipus would have been better not to new jersey tlo, have been so curious. What the essay ignores is that Oedipus pursued the Teachers Essay, truth to save his city, not to old frankenstien, amuse himself. The author avoids this obvious point in Best drawing his own non-Sophoclean conclusion. It's better not to know. We used to hear this from anti-science college-campus types on both the far-right and new jersey tlo the far-left, who want to reshape society down ideological lines. You'll have to decide for Best and Worst Essay, yourself about Essay A Doll’s, this. But like it or not, focusing on science over make-believe has a lot to do with why whole cities don't die of the plague any more.

This essay has been offered for sale (and perhaps still is) by at least two websites set up for students who for whatever reason do not want to write their own papers. And Worst Teachers Essay! I have received no response to my protests. Teachers: Click here to begin your search for online essays intended for would-be plagiarists. Dishonesty was your tragic flaw, kid! Good luck. -- a new, free plagiary-catcher service. Students: If your teacher is at all computer-savvy, and ecology you turn in and Worst Characteristics Essay a paper that you took for free off the web, you will be caught. Everybody will make fun of you, and you can forget about being a doctor, lawyer, or whatever. That'll be your tragic flaw. Ha ha!

Arthur Miller wrote, The flaw, or crack in the character [of Oedipus], is harvard reference format really nothing -- and Characteristics Teachers Essay need be nothing -- but his inherent unwillingness to remain passive in the face of what he conceives to be a challenge to his dignity, his image of old frankenstien, his rightful status. Characteristics Essay! Only the passive, only those who accept their lots without active retaliation, are 'flawless.' Most of us are in that category. Miller adds that the terror and the fear that is classically associated with tragedy comes from questioning the unquestioned. Maybe this is more about Miller than about Sophocles -- but it was a good thought for the conformist, self-satisfied Fifties. Oedipus -- heroic-fantasy style painting. Jocaste (was Iokaste) -- contemporary novel about Oedipus's wife-mother.

Release date Sept. 2004. Format! Re-released 2011. I'm Ed. You can visit me at my own page and follow the Best and Worst of My, links from there to my autopsy page, my notes on disease (the largest one-man online medical show, helping individuals around the world), my Adventure Gaming sites, or any of the other sites.

Fellow English majors -- Okay, okay, I know the commas are supposed to on, go inside the quotation marks. This became standard to protect fragile bits of movable type. My practice lets me know I'm the one who's typed a particular document. Teens: Stay away from drugs, work yourself extremely hard in class or at Best and Worst of My Essay your trade, play sports if and only if you like it, tell the harvard format, grownups who support you that you love them (no matter what the circumstances), and get out of abusive relationships by any means. The best thing anybody can say about you is, That kid likes to work too hard and isn't taking it easy like other young people. Thanks for visiting. Health and friendship. To include this page in Best and Worst Characteristics of My a bibliography, you may use this format: Friedlander ER (1999) Enjoying Oedipus the harvard reference format, King by Sophocles Retrieved Dec. Best And Worst! 25, 2003 from For Modern Language Association sticklers, the name of the site itself is The Pathology Guy and the Sponsoring Institution or Organization is Ed Friedlander MD.

Visitors send me this question from time to time. If being a contemporary American means being focused on political example, dirty TV sitcoms, greed, casual sex, big-money sports, shout-and-pout grievance-group politics, televangelism, professional wrestling, crybabies, slot machines, postmodernism, political action committees, and war on drugs profiteering. Best And Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay! then the new jersey tlo, answer is probably Nothing. If a contemporary American can still ask, If there is and Worst Teachers a God, why do horrible things happen to perfectly good people? And how do we explain this to children? -- then the old frankenstien, answer is Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay maybe that Sophocles deals with basic human issues. A week after setting up this site, people are already writing me to tell me that I am wrong, but not why. Each of three teachers has told me that The class agreed Oedipus caused his own problem. I use the term immoral for Essay on A Doll’s, the idea that the gods deliberately set up horrible disasters, simply for lack of a better English word. And it seems appropriate to me. (Cliff Notes used the word moral for the idea that the gods are fair and decent.) If you can think of a better one, please let me know. If you are a student writing on Oedipus , perhaps you can find a typically Greek solution. Athenians often constructed sentences in the form of Best and Worst Teachers, One the new jersey tlo, one hand ( men ). and on the other hand ( de ). Argue both sides. It'll be fun and prevent trouble.

If your instructor is a proponent of one of the Best of My, three sides of the culture war, you can make him/her happy and still be honest. If your instructor is political a conservative religionist (Religious Right, etc., etc.), point out how Sophocles recognizes the Best Characteristics Teachers, falsity of old, heathen mythologies, how their false idols were cruel and amoral, etc., etc. If your instructor is a left-wing social-activist / postmodernist focused on grievance-group politics, point out how Sophocles challenges the traditional belief structures of the science, oppressive patriarchy, etc., etc. If your instructor is a scientific naturalist, argue that Sophocles actually knew that Greek mythology, and all the talk about gods and Best and Worst Characteristics of My Essay so forth, was bunk, and maybe this is misconceptions in primary science what he is really telling us. If you are a teacher taking a traditional classroom approach to Oedipus the King, be ready for and Worst of My Essay, these questions from your students. Cliff Notes, which is as usual pretty good, warns that overemphasis on a search for House, the decisive flaw in the protagonist as the key factor for understanding the tragedy can lead to superficial or false interpretations.

The author also warns that Aristotle's approach is sometimes too artificial or formula-prone in its conclusions. He goes on to say that some people say Oedipus's tragic flaw is his anger (at Laius, at Tiresias), his trying to escape his destiny, and his pride and determination in Best Teachers trying to get the herdsman to tell the truth. (The author adds that Sophocles believes that the universe is fundamentally a profoundly moral place, though I can't tell why.) Why all the different supposed tragic flaws? If a lone man is hassled and new jersey tlo then physically attacked by a group of Characteristics, thugs on a deserted stretch of salary, highway, especially when the area is not patrolled by fast police cars, he is much safer if he hits back than if he runs or begs for Best and Worst of My Teachers, mercy. Reference! This isn't right, but it's a fact of life, and if you didn't know it, you have been protected and Best Characteristics Teachers Essay are naive. Sophocles presents Oedipus's killing of Laius as self-defense. Old Frankenstien! What kind of Best Characteristics of My Essay, sense does this make if Sophocles wants us to think Oedipus caused his own downfall? Today, if a psychic went on the air and accused a decent, respected government official of murder and incest, people would be furious and believe that this is crooked politics. Oedipus is right to think this and to be very angry, though I think (as the Chorus does) that he goes too far in assuming Creon is behind it. Why would anybody think Oedipus should NOT be suspicious and angry?

If Oedipus had not tried hard to get to the truth, there would have been no play. Oedipus loses his temper with Creon, and the Chorus says he is over-reacting, but not that this causes his disaster. The Chorus sings about the format, need to revere the gods, but never that Oedipus has not done do. And Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay! In fact, the old frankenstien, Chorus, representing public opinion, never says Oedipus caused his disaster. This is in spectacular contrast to the ending of Antigone, where the Best and Worst Characteristics of My, Chorus sings about Creon's hybris (I refuse to allow proper religious burial rites for a man who endangered National Security, this will make him an example and old frankenstien keep our people safe) and Best and Worst how it caused his ruin (Religion and conscience and decency and human love take precedence over supposed National Security.) Does the word hybris even appear in Aristotle's Poetics? The site went up in 1998, and political ecology has proved very popular. Most of my correspondents express appreciation -- especially fellow-educators. I do get maybe half a dozen abusive e-mails per Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers, year specifically about this page, all claiming to come from teachers. (My second such correspondent from 2007 claimed to teach English at a major university, but the department chairman tells me that he knows of no such person.) At least I'm glad people still feel strongly enough about classical literature to send hate mail. However, not one of them (or anyone else) has ever tried to misconceptions, explain why I am wrong -- and that leads me to draw the obvious conclusion.

If you have no case, shout hybris . If you are a student who has been punished for using this website, please contact me and I'll probably be able to take care of it for Best Teachers Essay, you. Whatever you decide, I hope that everybody enjoys Sophocles's Oedipus the King, and the Greek custom of store manager, free intellectual inquiry, as much as I have! Health and friendship! This isn't the Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, first time that everybody's told me that conventional wisdom is on A Doll’s right and that I'm wrong, but not why. In the 1970's, I said: Peptic ulcer craters contain spiral bacteria, which are part of the process. Patients presenting with fibromyalgia symptoms have a real disease.

Nitrates do not dilate atherosclerotic coronary arteries. Bismuth has a specific, powerful effect on indigestion apart from its antacid effect. The psychologic roots for criminality are not in lack of self-esteem, but in a sense of entitlement and special privilege. Selenium has a specific, powerful effect on dandruff apart from its keratolytic effect. A large percentage of SIDS deaths are intentional or negligent homicides, and a baby can smother by overling or on a mattress or big toy. William Blake's private papers show that psychosis does not necessarily mean disability or lack of insight. I'm no Teiresias.

But except for the last (where people are still telling me I'm wrong, but not why), I've been glad that common sense and a little basic understanding of the world eventually wins out over and Worst Characteristics academic dogma. I'm thankful for the experimental method and political ecology the fact that science corrects itself. To the best of my knowledge, all the links on my literature pages are to free sites. Of My Teachers! In August 2000, the operator of the large for-profit help-with-homework online Shakespeare site offered to harvard reference, buy these pages out for a price in the low four figures. I refused, and the site owner replied that I wish you would just close down the domain and spare everybody from a lot of wasted time. It's a shame. This site will always remain free, to help everybody enjoy the works that I have, myself, enjoyed so much. If any of the sites to which I have linked are asking students for their money, please let me know. reset Jan. 30, 2005:

Ed says, This world would be a sorry place if people like me who call ourselves Christians didn't try to act as good as other good people . Click here to and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, see the author's friend, Dr. Old Frankenstien! Ken Savage, do it right.

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality - Bad Teacher Essay Examples | Kibin

Writing My Essay - Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay - 1075 Words

Quick Guide to Professional References. How to Create a Professional References Document. Providing professional references as a job seeker is certainly not a new practice, however there are two main points to keep in mind for todays job search: Do not include References available upon request at Best and Worst Essay the end of your resume. Employers know you will provide references if they request them, so there is no need to Essay House use space on Best and Worst of My your resume to state the obvious.

Create a separate document for manager salary your references and only supply this information upon request or at the interview. With so much of and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, todays job search occurring online, you do not want your references contact information falling into the wrong hands or your references being contacted by a potential employer without the heads up from new jersey tlo you. At the very least, you want to provide your references full name, title, company, address, email, and phone number. Use the Teachers Essay same overall design to match your resume and cover letter and create a cohesive application package. New Jersey Tlo! How many references you provide will depend on your experience level, however generally at least 3 are expected. Example References Format. President, Market Street Advertising. 123 Pleasant Ave.

Frederick, MD 21702. Manager, The Home Agency. Frederick, MD 21702. Associate, Custom Design, Inc. Frederick, MD 21702. Multiple Experience Sections On Your Resume. How to display separate experience paths.

The first half of the first page of Best Characteristics Essay, your resume should be reserved only for the information that will create the most excitement for your target audience. If your experience history includes varied roles and/or is new jersey tlo, not closely tied to Best Characteristics your current objective, strategically split your experience history into two separate sections. New Jersey Tlo! You may find that your second experience section is not worth including on your resume after all, however this strategy does help you determine what, where, and how to include information on Best Teachers Essay your document. For example, a recent BSN graduate may create a Clinical Rotations section for page one and misconceptions in primary science an Additional Experience section for and Worst of My page two outlining previous roles that are not directly relevant to nursing, but could emphasize transferable skills. Science! In my previous post, Unpaid Experience on Your Resume, I went over possibilities for incorporating volunteer work, internships, and other unpaid experience that may be more relevant than your paid experience. Suppose you are a chemistry student with multiple years experience as a research assistant as well as part-time gigs as a retail store team leader and high school tutor. In this case, creating separate Relevant Experience and Additional Experience sections would be advantageous to and Worst ensure you can fit all the political example important information summary, key skills, research experience, and education on of My Essay the first page and push the other details to page two. By separating an otherwise potentially lengthy or random experience section, you have more room for other sections that deserve first page space. Design Ideas for sainsbury's store manager Resume Core Competencies.

Effective ways to Best of My Teachers Essay display your key skills. We have covered the importance of resume core competencies in past posts, and you likely understand by old frankenstien now how application tracking systems (ATS) work and how prevalently they are used by employers. While it is critical to Best and Worst Essay know what to include in old frankenstien this section of your resume, it is also very important to carefully consider how you present your key skills. And Worst Characteristics Of My Essay! Remember, your resume will be viewed by a human after the ATS approves it, so make sure you appeal to both audiences. Your core competencies section serves two purposes: to ecology example help you get past the and Worst Characteristics Teachers ATS and provide the reader with a succinct and in primary easy-to-read list of your top skills. Be sure your key skills are brief and Best of My Essay dynamic action phrases (project management, client satisfaction, database management), not complete sentences or vague descriptors (go above and beyond, organized, think outside the box). Quick Recap of Core Competencies Tips: Review job postings to see the latest buzzwords employers are scanning for. Old Frankenstien! Gather a list of 1020 key skills. Place your core competencies section in the top half of your resume.

Create a visually appealing design. Beneath the Summary. Above the Summary. To the Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay Side of the Summary. Key Skills Headlines.

These designs can be easily created in Word with the table and bullets tools. Avoid text boxes and columns, as these are generally not compatible with online job boards. Resume Writing Tips for Accounting Professionals. Guest Blog by Freddie Rohner, CARW, CRS + AF. As a Certified Resume Specialist in misconceptions Accounting and Finance (CRS + AF), I write a lot of resumes for numbers people. The best thing about working with clients in the accounting field is Best of My, that there are a lot of opportunities available at any given time. No matter what business sector a company operates in, they will always need a dedicated employee to take care of their money. Old Frankenstien! However, because there are such a wide range of opportunities, that means that the resume must not only be focused on accounting in Best and Worst of My Essay general, but rather the particular specialty or expertise you have to offer.

Writing resumes for accounting professionals requires strategy, a detail-oriented approach, and most importantly, a focus on accuracy and the numbers, just like the industry itself. As with resumes for other fields, the sainsbury's store manager basic ideas remain the same: the resume must begin with a summary paragraph identifying what you have to Best of My offer an employer before moving on to cover your core competencies, professional experience, achievements, educational background, and other information such as licenses/certifications, additional training, affiliations, and community involvement. The most vital aspect of writing an effective resume for accounting positions is to format keep it simple and adjust your strategy depending on Best Characteristics of My Essay your career level and desired position. Sainsbury's Manager! Always be sure to flaunt your skills with accounting software like Sage Peachtree, QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains), enterprise resource planning programs like SAP or MAS 90/200, and/or any recent experience you may have in industry-specific accounting (manufacturing, public, non-profit, etc.). Upper-level accounting professionals like Chief Financial Officers and Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay Controllers require a strategy that highlights the contributions you have made to the company as a whole. Did you implement a new software system to expedite internal reporting? Did you perform cost analyses that saved the company significant amounts of money? Additionally, you must tout your leadership skills, teambuilding abilities, budget management expertise, post-graduate degrees (MBAs), and ecology example certifications such as CPA, CMA, CFA, CIA, and CFE. Mid-level accounting professionals such as Accounting Managers, Auditors, and Staff/Senior Accountants will also need to and Worst Teachers show a requisite level of leadership abilities, but for this level of job seeker, the misconceptions in primary science hands-on work of accounting must be highlighted. Did you effectively manage accounts payable/receivable duties? Did you perform financial reporting and and Worst Teachers Essay general ledger reconciliation duties in a timely manner?

Did you maintain accurate records and ensure quick and problem-free external audits? The proficiency with which you can supervise and perform the nitty-gritty accounting work is what will separate you from the crowd and ensure success in your job search. Finally, entry-level accounting positions such as Junior Accountants, Bookkeepers, Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerks, and Accounting Assistants will more than likely have experience in a certain aspect of the financial reporting/administration process. For this reason, the best way to present yourself in this early stage of your career is to highlight the specific experience that you have within the reference accounting field and Best Characteristics of My Teachers Essay tout your soft skills and intangibles like abilities in customer service, vendor relations, data entry (and accuracy), technical troubleshooting, and records management. When writing your resume for ecology positions in the accounting field, the most important thing to keep in mind is that the Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay document must answer that simple question, Why would this candidate be the best applicant for harvard the position? Always keep the reader in mind when writing your resume and be sure to focus on your results and specific expertise to prove to the potential employer that youve solved similar problems to theirs in the past and have the skill set needed to help them manage their business effectively. By Natalie Urquhart, CARW. Quick tips for and Worst Characteristics updating your resume. A new year inspires change. Even if you are not actively searching for a different position, channel some of that energy into updating your resume so it is ready to go if a new opportunity arises.

Here are a few things to keep in mind as you revitalize your document: Contact information. Dont forget to review your contact information to ensure your email address, phone number, and physical address are still correct. New targets. Essay A Doll’s! Changing careers? Targeting a different industry? Update your resume to reflect this.

Modify your summary and key skills sections to Best appeal to your new audience. If you have a Select Achievements or Career Highlights section, be sure to harvard include content that is relevant and exciting to hiring managers in your new field. Do your research to Characteristics Essay find out which buzzwords you should include. New qualifications. Did you achieve a degree last year? Receive a certification? Master a software program? Enroll in new jersey tlo an academic program?

Add these details in to your resume. Conversely, designate any expired qualifications such as inactive licensure or memberships as appropriate (or simply delete them). Be sure all of the content in your resume is up to date. Pay attention to dates. If it has been several years since you updated your resume, you may have information in and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers your document that is doing more harm than good. Generally, dates and details from Essay on House 15 or more years ago should be eliminated. Adjusting your career history. Adding in your latest and/or current position will affect the spacing of the rest of your document.

Check to see if your resume spills onto and Worst of My, an additional page and consider eliminating your furthest back position to make room for the new one. If a current position on your old resume is no longer current, be sure to adjust the dates and ensure all content is presented in past tense. Review the entire document. Even if you made only a few changes, review your document in its entirety for errors, repetitive content, or spacing issues. Sainsbury's Store Manager! Create multiple file types. Once you have finalized your new resume, create Word, PDF, and plain text versions to meet the varying requirements of Best Essay, online job boards and example applications. Take this quiz to find out! How long is your resume? What font is your resume in? Book Antiqua, Calibri, Cambria, Times New Roman, Garamond, Georgia, Arial, and/or Tahoma Century Gothic, Palatino, Comic Sans, Kristen ITC, and/or Monotype Corsiva Rage Italic, Algerian, and/or Curlz MT. How many font types do you use?

What size font is the body of your resume? What color is the bulk of the Best and Worst Characteristics text in science your resume? How many colors do you use overall? How much white space is on your resume? At least half an and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, inch on ecology example the top and bottom and a few spaces between each section One space between each paragraph As little as my printer allows. If you answered 1 for most of these questions, your resume is likely very inviting to read. If you leaned more towards the 3 answers, you may want to consider making some design changes. View your resume both on screen and on paper.

Share it with trusted friends and family members who will give you their honest opinion on the overall look. Keep your audience in mind at all times even if lime green is Best and Worst Characteristics of My, your favorite color, it may be distracting from the most critical part of your resume: the political ecology content. Characteristics Teachers! You may have been able to keep your resume within two pages, however shrinking the harvard format font down to such a small size that its difficult to read defeats the purpose. Of My Essay! Dont let poor design choices dissuade employers from science reading your resume. Remember: content should always drive your format choices, not the Teachers Essay other way around. Contract Positions The Umbrella Format. How to strategically display short-term positions on new jersey tlo your resume.

In some industries contract positions are the norm, but can be a challenge to lay out on a resume. Short-term positions often carry the stigma of job hopping and can be difficult to squeeze into Essay two pages. A great strategy to use for displaying contract roles is the umbrella format. Suppose you have freelanced, worked for format the same parent company, or been employed by the same staffing organization since 1995, however traveled extensively across the Characteristics of My country to complete projects for a variety of political example, clients. By listing each client underneath the umbrella of your parent company (or your own firm if you were self-employed), you clearly show longevity with one organization (instead of appearing as though you have had 7 short-term positions with 7 different companies because you couldnt hold a job). Depending on the amount of assignments and Best and Worst of My Teachers scope of responsibility, you may also opt to include specific details for only your top projects.

It is advantageous to new jersey tlo clearly designate positions that are contract as well. Dont force the reader to draw their own conclusions about and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers why you were in a specific role for ecology example a short period of time.

Order Custom Written Essays Online - Effective Teachers Essay - 1755 Words | Bartleby

Buy Essay Papers Online - What Separates a Good Teacher from a Bad Teacher? Evaluation Essay

20 Free and Premium Resume/CV HTML Website Templates and Layouts. Do you have the aspiration to stand out from the and Worst Teachers Essay, competition during the process of interviews or job applications? Then resume or CV website templates and political, layouts are the perfect tool for Best, you. It gives you prominence and a mark of individuality among the other job seekers. New Jersey Tlo? Showing off your experiences, educational qualifications and other skills and talents through a CV website is a brilliant idea to Characteristics of My Teachers, impress the interviewers and the employers. It will not only make a difference but help you to prove yourself as a hardcore professional who knows the proper use of modern technologies. Those days are gone when resume or CV was considered to be just a piece of paper where you wrote down all your educational and misconceptions in primary science, professional achievements with some basic personal information. With the advent of technologies, the views have changed a lot. The concept of presenting ones achievements and self-marketing has taken a new look altogether. Now people want to make some differences which take them a few steps ahead of the others.

And the idea of premium Resume/CV HTML website templates and layouts is the Best Characteristics of My Teachers, best to create an individual identity amongst a throng of job seekers. Those who want to example, make a difference in the interview, choose this idea. These templates have plenty of options to make your CV attractive and self-expressive. You will have the option of mentioning the details of your achievements with elaborate discussion of your projects and working experiences hitherto. You can have a page with clear and catchy divisions for different sector of your life.

The option of using multiple pages with different sections is of My, also there. With a print.css you can also have the option of getting a printed version of ecology, your CV anytime you want. These templates are incredibly creative with many options and features that you hardly get to accumulate manually in a piece of paper. And Worst Characteristics Teachers? The premium resume/CV HTML website templates and layouts give you the old frankenstien, chance to enhance your contact options since you include links of your social profiles in Best and Worst Teachers that website. Harvard Reference Format? You can add your project details, testimonials from your previous employers or other working details with your resume to impress the interviewers.

Free Resume/CV HTML Website Templates. DIY HTML Resume offers you a simple solution to begin your searches for Best and Worst of My Essay, a job when you are ready. It does not look original or creative; however, it is an optimal way for listing all your pros and presents yourself in old frankenstien a concise and clean manner. Thanks to and Worst Essay, classic horizontal stripe layout, four-column structure, neutral coloring and excellent formatting, it can be used as an ideal skeleton for creating something more sophisticated. Though, if you do not have much time, you can use it like that. One Page Resume Site is aimed to be used as a resume or a minimalistic personal website with a focus on the portfolio. The author has incorporated such vital details as. well-organized table for showing important features including education, skills, experience, hobbies; smart microformats for contact information; semantically correct definition list; ready-to-be print version.

Premium Resume/CV HTML Website Templates. Simplicity CV is a one-page theme that is powered by extra jQuery features for sainsbury's store, more dynamic and engaging experience. Best Essay? It leverages bright coloring and geometric shapes to establish an energetic and positive mood. It is professionally crafted and comprises. a gallery for showcasing the best of the artworks, beautiful tooltips; contact form for harvard format, quick interaction with potential customers that has a validation to Best of My, exclude spam. Political Ecology? What#8217;s more, it is cross browser compatible and even can be printed right away. Aurelo Resume / CV Premium Template. Aurelio resume has a look of a conventional minimalistic online personal portfolio.

It is based on a solid time-proven and easy-to-use 960 grid system that arranges data in a formal and organized manner. Best Characteristics Of My Essay? It has a jQuery-driven scroller and a crafty gallery for displaying you favorite works. In the package, you will find a fully layered PSD file, HTML/CSS files and a small business card designed in the same theme. Old Frankenstien? MinimalMe Minimal HTML CV / Resume Template. Teachers? MinimalMe is old frankenstien, aimed to briefly describe you as a specialist as well as reflects your charismatic personality. It is packed with almost 130 various combinations of Best Characteristics Teachers Essay, backgrounds and patterns, giving you an example, opportunity to make your CV look unique and exceptional. There are two versions of the template. The first one is a classic HTML file and the second one is Best of My Teachers, PHP version with the Ajax-powered contact form. Clean and old frankenstien, Corporate CV / Resume HTML Template. Clean and Best and Worst Essay, Corporate CV has a businesslike vibe.

With its clean structure filled with extra open space, it lays out the content in a convenient way. It has a working contact form, sliced and organized PSD file, print stylesheet, and extra matching print media items such as business card, envelope, and letterhead template. With this package, you will get all the necessary stuff for express yourself and establish brand identity. Science? Signature Resume / CV Portfolio Html Template. Signature is a small yet comprehensive online portfolio that acts as a resume. It has a beautiful aesthetics with some decorative touches that charms with artistic appeal. Features list covers: Nivo slider; several gallery styles; Pretty Photo component; contact form energized by Ajax and Characteristics of My Teachers, PHP; social media widget and some others.

Get our products/news earlier than others, lets get in touch. I got nice profile website template. thanks for new jersey tlo, your posting. Get our products/news earlier than others, lets get in touch.

Order Essay Online - Best And Worst Teacher Essay 443628 CORPOCHIVOR

Pay For Essay Writing Service - What Separates a Good Teacher from a Bad Teacher? Evaluation Essay

essay philosophy Your paper must offer an argument. It can't consist in the mere report of your opinions, nor in a mere report of the opinions of the philosophers we discuss. You have to defend the of My Essay claims you make. You have to offer reasons to believe them. So you can't just say: My view is that P. You must say something like: My view is that P. Essay House? I believe this because. or: I find that the following considerations. provide a convincing argument for Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers, P. Similarly, don't just say: Descartes says that Q. Instead, say something like: Descartes says that Q; however, the following thought-experiment will show that Q is not true. Old Frankenstien? or: Descartes says that Q. I find this claim plausible, for the following reasons. Best? There are a variety of things a philosophy paper can aim to accomplish. It usually begins by putting some thesis or argument on the table for consideration. Then it goes on old frankenstien, to do one or two of the following:

Criticize that argument; or show that certain arguments for the thesis are no good Defend the argument or thesis against someone else's criticism Offer reasons to believe the thesis Offer counter-examples to the thesis Contrast the Best and Worst Teachers Essay strengths and weaknesses of two opposing views about the thesis Give examples which help explain the thesis, or which help to make the in primary science thesis more plausible Argue that certain philosophers are committed to Best and Worst Characteristics of My Essay, the thesis by their other views, though they do not come out and explicitly endorse the thesis Discuss what consequences the thesis would have, if it were true Revise the thesis, in the light of harvard format some objection. No matter which of these aims you set for yourself, you have to explicitly present reasons for the claims you make . Students often feel that since it's clear to them that some claim is true, it does not need much argument. But it's very easy to overestimate the strength of your own position. After all, you already accept it. You should assume that your audience does not already accept your position; and you should treat your paper as an attempt to persuade such an audience. Hence, don't start with assumptions which your opponents are sure to reject. If you're to have any chance of and Worst of My persuading people, you have to Essay A Doll’s, start from Best Characteristics of My Teachers, common assumptions you all agree to. A good philosophy paper is modest and store manager, makes a small point ; but it makes that point clearly and straightforwardly, and and Worst Characteristics Essay, it offers good reasons in support of it. People very often attempt to accomplish too much in a philosophy paper.

The usual result of this is a paper that's hard to read, and which is harvard reference format, full of inadequately defended and poorly explained claims. Best And Worst Characteristics? So don't be over-ambitious. Don't try to ecology example, establish any earth-shattering conclusions in your 5-6 page paper. Done properly, philosophy moves at a slow pace. The aim of these papers is for of My Essay, you to show that you understand the material and that you're able to think critically about it. To do this, your paper does have to show some independent thinking. That doesn't mean you have to come up with your own theory, or that you have to store manager salary, make a completely original contribution to human thought. There will be plenty of time for that later on. An ideal paper will be clear and straightforward (see below), will be accurate when it attributes views to other philosophers (see below), and will contain thoughtful critical responses to Best and Worst Essay, the texts we read. It need not always break completely new ground. But you should try to come up with your own arguments, or your own way of elaborating or criticizing or defending some argument we looked at in class.

Merely summarizing what others have said won't be enough. It's even more valuable to old frankenstien, talk to each other about what you want to Best Characteristics of My Essay, argue in your paper. When you have your ideas worked out well enough that you can explain them to someone else, verbally, then you're ready to sit down and example, start making an outline. The overall clarity of your paper will greatly depend on its structure. That is Best and Worst Characteristics of My Essay, why it is new jersey tlo, important to think about these questions before you begin to write.

I strongly recommend that you make an outline of your paper, and of the arguments you'll be presenting, before you begin to write. This lets you organize the points you want to make in your paper and get a sense for how they are going to fit together. It also helps ensure that you're in a position to say what your main argument or criticism is, before you sit down to write a full draft of Characteristics Teachers Essay your paper. When students get stuck writing, it's often because they haven't yet figured out what they're trying to misconceptions science, say. Give your outline your full attention. It should be fairly detailed. (For a 5-page paper, a suitable outline might take up a full page or even more.) I find that making an of My, outline is at least 80% of the work of House writing a good philosophy paper. And Worst Characteristics Of My Essay? If you have a good outline, the rest of the writing process will go much more smoothly. You need to leave yourself enough time to think about the topic and on A Doll’s House, write a detailed outline. Only then should you sit down to write a complete draft. And Worst Teachers Essay? Once you have a complete draft, you should set it aside for a day or two.

Then you should come back to old frankenstien, it and rewrite it. Several times. At least 3 or 4. If you can, show it to your friends and get their reactions to it. Do they understand your main point? Are parts of your draft unclear or confusing to them? All of this takes time.

So you should start working on Best Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, your papers as soon as the paper topics are assigned. You may think that since your TA and I already know a lot about this subject, you can leave out misconceptions, a lot of Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay basic explanation and write in a super-sophisticated manner, like one expert talking to another. I guarantee you that this will make your paper incomprehensible. If your paper sounds as if it were written for a third-grade audience, then you've probably achieved the right sort of clarity. In your philosophy classes, you will sometimes encounter philosophers whose writing is obscure and on, complicated. Everybody who reads this writing will find it difficult and Best of My Teachers Essay, frustrating. The authors in question are philosophically important despite their poor writing, not because of old frankenstien it. So do not try to emulate their writing styles. Make the structure of your paper obvious. How can you do this? First of all, use connective words, like: because, since, given this argument thus, therefore, hence, it follows that, consequently nevertheless, however, but in the first case, on the other hand.

These will help your reader keep track of where your discussion is going. Best And Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay? Be sure you use these words correctly! If you say P. Thus Q. then you are claiming that P is harvard reference, a good reason to accept Q. You had better be right. If you aren't, we'll complain. Don't throw in a thus or a therefore to make your train of thought sound better-argued than it really is.

Another way you can help make the and Worst of My Teachers structure of your paper obvious is by telling the reader what you've done so far and what you're going to do next. A Doll’s? You can say things like: I will begin by. Before I say what is wrong with this argument, I want to. These passages suggest that. I will now defend this claim. Best Characteristics Teachers Essay? Further support for this claim comes from. For example.

These signposts really make a big difference. Consider the following two paper fragments: . We've just seen how X says that P. I will now present two arguments that not-P. New Jersey Tlo? My first argument is. My second argument that not-P is. X might respond to my arguments in and Worst Characteristics of My several ways. Old Frankenstien? For instance, he could say that. However this response fails, because. Another way that X might respond to my arguments is by claiming that. This response also fails, because. So we have seen that none of of My Teachers X's replies to my argument that not-P succeed.

Hence, we should reject X's claim that P. I will argue for the view that Q. There are three reasons to believe Q. Firstly. The strongest objection to Q says. However, this objection does not succeed, for store, the following reason. Isn't it easy to Characteristics, see what the structure of these papers is? You want it to be just as easy in your own papers. A final thing: make it explicit when you're reporting your own view and when you're reporting the views of manager salary some philosopher you're discussing.

The reader should never be in doubt about whose claims you're presenting in a given paragraph. You can't make the structure of your paper obvious if you don't know what the Best Essay structure of Essay on A Doll’s your paper is, or if your paper has no structure. Characteristics Teachers Essay? That's why making an harvard format, outline is so important. Be concise, but explain yourself fully. These demands might seem to pull in opposite directions. (It's as if the first said Don't talk too much, and the second said Talk a lot.) If you understand these demands properly, though, you'll see how it's possible to meet them both. We tell you to be concise because we don't want you to Best Characteristics Teachers, ramble on old frankenstien, about everything you know about a given topic, trying to show how learned and Best of My Essay, intelligent you are. Each assignment describes a specific problem or question, and you should make sure you deal with that particular problem.

Nothing should go into your paper which does not directly address that problem. Prune out everything else. It is sainsbury's manager, always better to Best Characteristics, concentrate on one or two points and develop them in depth than to try to cram in too much. One or two well-mapped paths are better than an impenetrable jungle. Formulate the central problem or question you wish to address at the beginning of your paper, and keep it in political mind at all times. Make it clear what the Characteristics Teachers problem is, and why it is a problem. Be sure that everything you write is relevant to that central problem. In addition, be sure to political, say in the paper how it is relevant.

Don't make your reader guess. One thing I mean by explain yourself fully is Best Characteristics of My Teachers, that, when you have a good point, you shouldn't just toss it off in one sentence. Explain it; give an example; make it clear how the point helps your argument. But explain yourself fully also means to be as clear and explicit as you possibly can when you're writing. Ecology Example? It's no good to protest, after we've graded your paper, I know I said this, but what I meant was. Say exactly what you mean, in the first place. Best And Worst Characteristics Of My Teachers? Part of what you're being graded on is how well you can do that. Pretend that your reader has not read the material you're discussing, and political example, has not given the topic much thought in advance. This will of course not be true. But if you write as if it were true, it will force you to explain any technical terms, to illustrate strange or obscure distinctions, and to be as explicit as possible when you summarize what some other philosopher said. Use plenty of Best Characteristics Teachers examples and definitions.

Examples are also useful for explaining the Essay notions that play a central role in your argument. You should always make it clear how you understand these notions, even if they are familiar from everyday discourse. Of My Essay? As they're used in everyday discourse, those notions may not have a sufficiently clear or precise meaning. For instance, suppose you're writing a paper about abortion, and you want to assert the claim A fetus is a person. What do you mean by a person?

That will make a big difference to store, whether your audience should find this premise acceptable. It will also make a big difference to how persuasive the rest of your argument is. By itself, the following argument is pretty worthless: A fetus is a person. It's wrong to kill a person. Therefore, it's wrong to kill a fetus. For we don't know what the author means by calling a fetus a person. On some interpretations of person, it might be quite obvious that a fetus is a person; but quite controversial whether it's always wrong to kill persons, in Best that sense of person. On other interpretations, it may be more plausible that it's always wrong to kill persons, but totally unclear whether a fetus counts as a person.

So everything turns here on what the science author means by person. The author should be explicit about how he is using this notion. In a philosophy paper, it's okay to Best and Worst Characteristics of My, use words in ways that are somewhat different from the ways they're ordinarily used. You just have to old frankenstien, make it clear that you're doing this. For instance, some philosophers use the word person to Best and Worst of My, mean any being which is capable of old frankenstien rational thought and and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, self-awareness. Understood in this way, animals like whales and chimpanzees might very well count as persons. That's not the way we ordinarily use person; ordinarily we'd only call a human being a person. But it's okay to old frankenstien, use person in this way if you explicitly say what you mean by it. And likewise for other words. Don't vary your vocabulary just for the sake of variety.

If you call something X at the start of your paper, call it X all the way through. So, for instance, don't start talking about Best and Worst Teachers Plato's view of the self, and then switch to talking about Plato's view of the soul, and then switch to talking about Plato's view of the mind. If you mean to be talking about the same thing in all three cases, then call it by the same name. Harvard Format? In philosophy, a slight change in vocabulary usually signals that you intend to be speaking about something new. Using words with precise philosophical meanings. Philosophers give many ordinary-sounding words precise technical meanings. Teachers? Consult the handouts on Philosophical Terms and sainsbury's store, Methods to make sure you're using these words correctly. Don't use words that you don't fully understand.

Use technical philosophical terms only where you need them. You don't need to explain general philosophical terms, like valid argument and necessary truth. But you should explain any technical terms you use which bear on Best of My, the specific topic you're discussing. So, for misconceptions, instance, if you use any specialized terms like dualism or physicalism or behaviorism, you should explain what these mean. Best And Worst Of My Teachers? Likewise if you use technical terms like supervenience and the like. Store Salary? Even professional philosophers writing for other professional philosophers need to explain the special technical vocabulary they're using. Different people sometimes use this special vocabulary in different ways, so it's important to make sure that you and of My Teachers, your readers are all giving these words the store manager same meaning. Pretend that your readers have never heard them before. Presenting and assessing the views of others. Then ask yourself: Are X's arguments good ones?

Are his assumptions clearly stated? Are they plausible? Are they reasonable starting-points for and Worst Teachers Essay, X's argument, or ought he have provided some independent argument for them? Make sure you understand exactly what the position you're criticizing says. Students waste a lot of time arguing against views that sound like, but are really different from, the views they're supposed to be assessing. Remember, philosophy demands a high level of precision. It's not good enough for store manager salary, you merely to get the general idea of somebody else's position or argument. You have to get it exactly right. And Worst Of My Teachers Essay? (In this respect, philosophy is reference format, more like a science than the other humanities.) A lot of the work in philosophy is making sure that you've got your opponent's position right. You can assume that your reader is and Worst Characteristics of My Essay, stupid (see above). But don't treat the philosopher or the views you're discussing as stupid.

If they were stupid, we wouldn't be looking at misconceptions in primary science them. If you can't see anything the and Worst Characteristics view has going for it, maybe that's because you don't have much experience thinking and arguing about the on view, and so you haven't yet fully understood why the and Worst Essay view's proponents are attracted to it. Try harder to figure out what's motivating them. Philosophers sometimes do say outrageous things, but if the view you're attributing to a philosopher seems to harvard format, be obviously crazy, then you should think hard about whether he really does say what you think he says. Use your imagination. Try to figure out what reasonable position the philosopher could have had in mind, and direct your arguments against Characteristics of My Teachers Essay that.

In your paper, you always have to political, explain what a position says before you criticize it. Characteristics? If you don't explain what you take Philosopher X's view to be, your reader cannot judge whether the criticism you offer of X is a good criticism, or whether it is simply based on a misunderstanding or misinterpretation of X's views. New Jersey Tlo? So tell the reader what it is you think X is saying. Don't try to tell the reader everything you know about X's views, though. You have to go on Best of My, to offer your own philosophical contribution, too. Only summarize those parts of reference X's views that are directly relevant to what you're going to Best and Worst Teachers Essay, go on to do. Sometimes you'll need to old frankenstien, argue for your interpretation of and Worst Teachers X's view, by citing passages which support your interpretation.

It is permissible for you to discuss a view you think a philosopher might have held, or should have held, though you can't find any direct evidence of that view in the text. When you do this, though, you should explicitly say so. Say something like: Philosopher X doesn't explicitly say that P, but it seems to me that he's assuming it anyway, because. When a passage from a text is particularly useful in supporting your interpretation of some philosopher's views, it may be helpful to science, quote the Characteristics Essay passage directly. (Be sure to specify where the passage can be found.) However, direct quotations should be used sparingly. Sainsbury's Store Manager Salary? It is seldom necessary to quote more than a few sentences. And Worst Of My Teachers? Often it will be more appropriate to paraphrase what X says, rather than to quote him directly. When you are paraphrasing what somebody else said, be sure to say so. (And here too, cite the pages you're referring to.) Quotations should never be used as a substitute for your own explanation. And when you do quote an author, you still have to Essay A Doll’s House, explain what the quotation says in your own words.

If the quoted passage contains an Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay, argument, reconstruct the argument in old frankenstien more explicit, straightforward terms. And Worst Characteristics Of My Teachers Essay? If the quoted passage contains a central claim or assumption, then indicate what that claim is. In Primary? You may want to give some examples to Best, illustrate the new jersey tlo author's point. If necessary, you may want to distinguish the author's claim from other claims with which it might be confused. Sometimes when students are trying to explain a philosopher's view, they'll do it by giving very close paraphrases of the Best and Worst of My Teachers philosopher's own words.

They'll change some words, omit others, but generally stay very close to the original text. For instance, Hume begins his Treatise of Human Nature as follows: All the perceptions of the human mind resolve themselves into two distinct kinds, which I shall call impressions and ideas. The difference betwixt these consists in the degrees of force and liveliness, with which they strike upon the mind, and make their way into our thought or consciousness. Those perceptions, which enter with most force and new jersey tlo, violence, we may name impressions; and under this name I comprehend all our sensations, passions, and emotions, as they make their first appearance in the soul. Teachers? By ideas I mean the faint images of format these in thinking and reasoning. Here's an example of how you don't want to paraphrase: Hume says all perceptions of the mind are resolved into Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, two kinds, impressions and ideas. The difference is in how much force and liveliness they have in our thoughts and consciousness. The perceptions with the most force and violence are impressions. These are sensations, passions, and harvard, emotions.

Ideas are the Best and Worst Characteristics Essay faint images of our thinking and reasoning. There are two main problems with paraphrases of this sort. In the A Doll’s first place, it's done rather mechanically, so it doesn't show that the Characteristics of My Teachers author understands the political ecology example text. In the second place, since the author hasn't figured out Best, what the text means well enough to political, express it in his own words, there's a danger that his paraphrase may inadvertently change the meaning of the text. In the example above, Hume says that impressions strike upon Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay the mind with more force and misconceptions science, liveliness than ideas do. My paraphrase says that impressions have more force and Best and Worst Characteristics, liveliness in our thoughts.

It's not clear whether these are the same thing. In addition, Hume says that ideas are faint images of impressions ; whereas my paraphrase says that ideas are faint images of our thinking . New Jersey Tlo? These are not the same. So the author of the paraphrase appears not to Best and Worst Teachers, have understood what Hume was saying in the original passage. A much better way of explaining what Hume says here would be the A Doll’s House following: Hume says that there are two kinds of 'perceptions,' or mental states. He calls these impressions and ideas. An impression is a very 'forceful' mental state, like the sensory impression one has when looking at a red apple. Best And Worst Characteristics Of My Essay? An idea is a less 'forceful' mental state, like the idea one has of an apple while just thinking about it, rather than looking at it. It is not so clear what Hume means here by 'forceful.' He might mean. Don't be afraid of mentioning objections to your own thesis. It is better to bring up an objection yourself than to hope your reader won't think of it.

Explain how you think these objections can be countered or overcome. Of course, there's often no way to deal with all the objections someone might raise; so concentrate on old frankenstien, the ones that seem strongest or most pressing. So it's OK to and Worst of My, ask questions and on A Doll’s House, raise problems in your paper even if you cannot provide satisfying answers to them all. You can leave some questions unanswered at the end of the Best Characteristics of My Teachers paper. But make it clear to ecology, the reader that you're leaving such questions unanswered on purpose . Essay? And you should say something about how the sainsbury's store manager salary question might be answered, and about what makes the question interesting and relevant to the issue at hand. If something in a view you're examining is Best and Worst Characteristics of My Essay, unclear to you, don't gloss it over. New Jersey Tlo? Call attention to the unclarity. Suggest several different ways of understanding the view. Best And Worst Characteristics? Explain why it's not clear which of these interpretations is correct.

If you're assessing two positions and you find, after careful examination, that you can't decide between them, that's okay. It's perfectly okay to say that their strengths and weaknesses seem to Essay A Doll’s House, be roughly equally balanced. But note that this too is a claim that requires explanation and Best Characteristics Essay, reasoned defense, just like any other. On A Doll’s House? You should try to Characteristics, provide reasons for new jersey tlo, this claim that might be found convincing by someone who didn't already think that the two views were equally balanced. Sometimes as you're writing, you'll find that your arguments aren't as good as you initially thought them to be. You may come up with some objection to Characteristics, your view to which you have no good answer. Don't panic. If there's some problem with your argument which you can't fix, try to figure out why you can't fix it. It's okay to change your thesis to one you can defend. For example, instead of writing a paper which provides a totally solid defense of view P, you can instead change tactics and old frankenstien, write a paper which goes like this: One philosophical view says that P. This is a plausible view, for the following reasons.

However, there are some reasons to be doubtful whether P. One of these reasons is X. Best And Worst Teachers Essay? X poses a problem for the view that P because. It is not clear how the defender of P can overcome this objection. Misconceptions? Or you can write a paper which goes: One argument for P is the 'Conjunction Argument,' which goes as follows. At first glance, this is a very appealing argument. However, this argument is faulty, for the following reasons. One might try to repair the argument, by. But these repairs will not work, because. I conclude that the Conjunction Argument does not in fact succeed in establishing P. Writing a paper of these sorts doesn't mean you've given in to the opposition.

After all, neither of these papers commits you to the view that not-P. They're just honest accounts of how difficult it is to find a conclusive argument for P. Best Teachers? P might still be true, for all that. Then come back to sainsbury's manager, the draft and re-read it. Best Of My Teachers Essay? As you read each sentence, say things like this to yourself: Does this really make sense? That's totally unclear! That sounds pretentious. What does that mean? What's the reference connection between these two sentences? Am I just repeating myself here? and so on.

Make sure every sentence in your draft does useful work. Get rid of Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay any which don't. If you can't figure out what some sentence contributes to in primary, your central discussion, then get rid of Teachers it. Even if it sounds nice. On House? You should never introduce any points in your paper unless they're important to Characteristics of My, your main argument, and you have the harvard reference format room to Teachers Essay, really explain them. If you're not happy with some sentence in your draft, ask yourself why it bothers you. It could be you don't really understand what you're trying to Essay on House, say, or you don't really believe it.

Make sure your sentences say exactly what you want them to say. For example, suppose you write Abortion is the same thing as murder. Is that what you really mean? So when Oswald murdered Kennedy, was that the same thing as aborting Kennedy? Or do you mean something different?

Perhaps you mean that abortion is a form of murder. In conversation, you can expect that people will figure out what you mean. But you shouldn't write this way. Even if your TA is able to figure out what you mean, it's bad writing. Best And Worst Of My? In philosophical prose, you have to misconceptions in primary science, be sure to say exactly what you mean. Also pay attention to the structure of your draft. When you're revising a draft, it's much more important to Best Characteristics of My Essay, work on the draft's structure and on House, overall clarity, than it is to clean up a word or a phrase here or there.

Make sure your reader knows what your main claim is, and Best, what your arguments for that claim are. New Jersey Tlo? Make sure that your reader can tell what the point of every paragraph is. It's not enough that you know what their point is. It has to be obvious to your reader, even to a lazy, stupid, and mean reader. If you can, show your draft to your friends or to other students in the class, and Characteristics of My, get their comments and advice. I encourage you to do this. Do your friends understand your main point? Are parts of your draft unclear or confusing to harvard reference, them? If your friends can't understand something you've written, then neither will your grader be able to understand it. Your paragraphs and your argument may be perfectly clear to you but not make any sense at all to someone else.

Another good way to check your draft is to read it out loud. This will help you tell whether it all makes sense. Best And Worst Characteristics Teachers? You may know what you want to say, but that might not be what you've really written. Reading the paper out in primary science, loud can help you notice holes in your reasoning, digressions, and unclear prose. You should count on writing many drafts of your paper. At least 3 or 4!! Check out the Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers following web site, which illustrates how to revise a short philosophy paper through several drafts.

Notice how much the paper improves with each revision: Writing tutor for Introductory Philosophy Courses Also, don't begin with a sentence like Webster's Dictionary defines a soul as. Dictionaries aren't good philosophical authorities. Example? They record the way words are used in everyday discourse. Many of the Teachers same words have different, specialized meanings in philosophy. It's OK to harvard, end a sentence with a preposition. And Worst Characteristics Of My Teachers Essay? It's also OK to split an old frankenstien, infinitive, if you need to. (Sometimes the and Worst of My Teachers easiest way to say what you mean is by harvard reference format, splitting an infinitive. For example, They sought to better equip job candidates who enrolled in their program.) Efforts to avoid these often end up just confusing your prose. Do avoid other sorts of grammatical mistakes, like dangling participles (e.g., Hurt by her fall, the tree fell right on Mary 's leg before she could get out of the way), and the like. You may use the word I freely, especially to tell the reader what you're up to (e.g., I've just explained why. Teachers Essay? Now I'm going to consider an argument that. Sainsbury's Store Salary? ).

Don't worry about using the verb is or to be too much. In a philosophy paper, it's OK to use this verb as much as you need to. You shouldn't need to use these secondary readings when writing your papers. The point of the papers is to and Worst of My Essay, teach you how to analyze a philosophical argument, and present your own arguments for or against some conclusion. The arguments we'll be considering in class are plenty hard enough to deserve your full attention, all by themselves. Can you write your paper as a dialogue or story? But neither should your papers be too short! Don't cut off an argument abruptly.

If a paper topic you've chosen asks certain questions, be sure you answer or address each of old frankenstien those questions. Please double-space your papers, number the pages, and include wide margins. We prefer to get the papers simply stapled: no plastic binders or anything like that. Include your name on the paper. And Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay? And don't turn in your only copy! (These things should be obvious, but apparently they're not.) You'll be graded on three basic criteria:

How well do you understand the issues you're writing about? How good are the arguments you offer? Is your writing clear and well-organized? We do not judge your paper by whether we agree with its conclusion. In fact, we may not agree amongst ourselves about what the correct conclusion is. In Primary Science? But we will have no trouble agreeing about whether you do a good job arguing for your conclusion. More specifically, we'll be asking questions like these: Do you clearly state what you're trying to accomplish in your paper? Is it obvious to of My Teachers Essay, the reader what your main thesis is? Do you offer supporting arguments for the claims you make? Is it obvious to the reader what these arguments are? Is the misconceptions in primary structure of your paper clear?

For instance, is Best Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, it clear what parts of your paper are expository, and what parts are your own positive contribution? Is your prose simple, easy to read, and new jersey tlo, easy to understand? Do you illustrate your claims with good examples? Do you explain your central notions? Do you say exactly what you mean? Do you present other philosophers' views accurately and charitably? Explain this claim or What do you mean by this? or I don't understand what you're saying here This passage is unclear (or awkward, or otherwise hard to read) Too complicated Too hard to follow Simplify Why do you think this? This needs more support Why should we believe this? Explain why this is a reason to Teachers Essay, believe P Explain why this follows from sainsbury's, what you said before Not really relevant Give an example? Try to anticipate these comments and avoid the of My Teachers need for them!

Your paper should do some philosophical work. Here are some more interesting things our student could have done in his paper. He could have argued that B doesn't really follow from A, after all. Or he could have presented reasons for thinking that A is false. Or he could have argued that assuming A is an sainsbury's store, illegitimate move to make in a debate about Best Characteristics Teachers Essay whether B is true. Or something else of that sort. These would be more interesting and satisfying ways of engaging with Philosopher X's view.

Responding to comments from me or your TA. Your rewrites should try to go beyond the specific errors and new jersey tlo, problems we've indicated. Best And Worst Characteristics Of My? If you got below an A-, then your draft was generally difficult to read, it was difficult to see what your argument was and what the structure of your paper was supposed to be, and so on. You can only harvard format correct these sorts of failings by rewriting your paper from scratch. (Start with a new, empty window in your word processor.) Use your draft and of My Teachers Essay, the comments you received on example, it to Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, construct a new outline, and write from political ecology, that. Keep in Characteristics of My Teachers Essay mind that when I or your TA grade a rewrite, we may sometimes notice weaknesses in unchanged parts of your paper that we missed the first time around.

Or perhaps those weaknesses will have affected our overall impression of the A Doll’s House paper, and we just didn't offer any specific recommendation about fixing them. Best Characteristics Teachers Essay? So this is old frankenstien, another reason you should try to improve the whole paper , not just the passages we comment on. It is possible to improve a paper without improving it enough to raise it to Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, the next grade level. Sometimes that happens. But I hope you'll all do better than that.

Most often, you won't have the new jersey tlo opportunity to Characteristics of My Teachers, rewrite your papers after they've been graded. So you need to teach yourself to write a draft, scrutinize the draft, and old frankenstien, revise and rewrite your paper before turning it in to be graded. Naturally, I owe a huge debt to the friends and professors who helped me learn how to write philosophy. I'm sure they had a hard time of it. If you're a teacher and you think your own students would find this web site useful, you are free to Best Teachers, point them here (or to distribute printed copies).

It's all in the public good.

Need Someone Write My Paper Me - Essay on my favourite teacher for class 5: Baltimore School of The Bible

Write My Research Paper - Best And Worst Teacher Essay 443628 CORPOCHIVOR

Free Essays on Battle With Grendel. IV 4 November, 2012 The Distinguished Characteristics of Beowulf vs. Grendel In Beowulf, the hero defeats the corpse-maker, Grendel . Of Beowulfs three battles , the and Worst Essay fight with Grendel has the most significance. Both Grendel and Beowulf emerge unexpectedly, foreigners who respectively destroy and. ?01.02 Epic Battle Graphic Organizer As you read through the Essay House excerpts of Beowulf, pay careful attention to each character's actions.

Ask yourself, What do these actions tell me about the character? Record your observations and supporting evidence from the text in the graphic organizers provided. Include. Seamus Heaney's translation of Beowulf depicts Grendel as a demon, a beast. The writer makes Grendel powerful, merciless, and Best Characteristics of My Teachers, a source of pure evil. The author shows this while describing Grendel and by making him commit heinous acts. The narrator takes away any sign of humanity in him.

This makes the. Beowulfs Battles Beowulf, like Anglo-Saxon culture generally, strikes us readers as a peculiar blend of traditions, resulting in a Christianity that is dark, realistic, anxious, violent-in short, and oddly modern. Moreover, it results in a heroism that Beowulf portrays throughout the story. Old Frankenstien? Beowulfs. ? Grendel as a Bully or Grendel as Pleasant Have you ever heard the same story twice and had a different view on the story the second time you heard it? This is what happened in the novel Grendel by John Gardner; it was a retelling of the epic poem Beowulf just Gardner gave the reader an insight to. ?Out from the marsh, from the foot of Best, misty Hills and bogs, bearing Gods hatred, Grendel came, hoping to kill 395 Anyone he could trap on this trip to high Herot. He moved quickly through the cloudy night, Up from on A Doll’s, his swampland, sliding silently . of Heorot for Best Teachers his people.

His warriors spend time singing and drinking and celebrating until Grendel , a monster who is pained by noise, attacks and kills many of Hrothgar warriors while they sleep. But Grendel does not touch the throne of Hrothgar for in primary it is described in and Worst of My Teachers the poem that it is protected by. white manner. Old Frankenstien? There are two main characters representing both, one good and one evil. Characteristics Of My Teachers Essay? The good character being Beowulf and the bad character being Grendel . Their reputations, the manner in which they use their strengths and salary, their surroundings define the good and evil characters alike. A lot.

?1. Hand-to-hand combat with Grendel in which Beowulf rips off Grendel's arm. This battle is Characteristics of My, mythological in old frankenstien nature: it shows Beowulf's superhuman strength. Beowulf's motive is revenge against of My Teachers the monster for his heinous crimes against Beowulf's kinsmen. 2. Sword-fight combat against Grendel's mother. Grendel Response Journal Character In John Gardners Grendel , the novels namesake is the main character. Grendel is a contradictory and complex character, who evolves through-out the novel. The first few chapters of the novel center mainly around Grendel as a child, where he is still mostly innocent. Beowulf defeats Grendel by old frankenstien ripping his arm off causing him to Teachers Essay die. After grendels death the people of heoret along with king hrothgar hail Beowulf as a hero and have a banquet to harvard reference celebrate the defeat of the of My Essay evil monster that has terrorized them for over a decade. (SAY WHO GRENDEL IS SUCH AS THE TYPE.

The First Asked to Defeat a Monster. first asked to defeat a monster, Grendel , who had previously attacked people in the mead hall, Herot. That shepherd of evil, guardian of crime, knew at once that nowhere on earth had he met a man whose hands were harder, (42-44). The previous statement shows that Grendel was overwhelmed by how strong. him the epitome of what values an Anglo-Saxon should possess. After Beowulfs introduction into the story, he begins to prepare for his epic battle with Grendel . Beowulfs sword is a part of his right hand. He knew every move before he swung his arm.

Although his skills were at his peak Beowulf said. land, weapons, and a share of treasure to his warriors in sainsbury's manager salary return for their support in battle . In the case of of My Teachers, Beowulf, the King of the Danes, Hrothgar, accepted Beowulfs offer to defeat a monstrosity known as Grendel that was terrorizing his people. Political Ecology? Treasure was not only a tradition of thanks in that. Point of View in Grendel and Teachers Essay, Beowulf Contrasting points of view in Grendel and Beowulf significantly alter the reader#8217;s perception of Essay on A Doll’s, religion, good and evil, and the character Grendel . John Gardner#8217;s book, Grendel , is written in first person. The book translated by Burton Raffel, Beowulf. Beowulf Essay In Beowulf there are many symbols and elements. The symbols of heroic and as too Grendel represented all the good and evil. These characteristic of the poem are important, but not relevant to today's society. In the poem Beowulf, Beowulf is an epic hero.

The poem gives the. three central conflicts; Grendels horrible visits to Heorots Hall, the liar of Grendel and his mother, and the rage of the dragon after a thief steals the treasures that it has been guarding. I would like to focus more on Grendel and Best and Worst Characteristics Essay, how Beowulf rescued the Danes from an awful monster that visited the mead. accomplishments coincide directly with parts of beowulfs personality. Beowulf boasts about his many battles , and is proud of himself for winning all of them.

One of these accomplishments is the battle in the water when he meets up with nine sea monsters which he kills, and fights with a monster that. Christian elements in the poem. Beowulf contains the pagan ideas of nobility and fate; these are evident throughout the battles that Beowulf fights. The satanic manner in which Grendel and the other monsters are described might attribute for the Christian influences in reference Beowulf. The different transcriptions. even the conquered ones. Furthermore, in Beowulf, Grendel is considered one of the most evil, that demon, that fiend (l.16), forces in the land.

Like Grendel , his mother is full of hate, greedyscratched in vain (ll.574-582). Even though Grendel and Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay, his mother are the most evil in all the land. Loyalty and Generosity in Beowulf. being a loyal person, also came giving of yourself. When the monster Grendel hears of the joy in Heorot and comes down to attack Beowulfs people the Danes, this is the first time we see loyalty. When Beowulf hears of what Grendel did to the Heorot and the Danes, he gathers fifteen of his best men. Beowulf reiterates his intent to fight Grendel without a sword and, while his followers sleep, lies waiting, eager for Grendel to appear. THE BATTLE WITH GRENDEL 235 Out from the marsh, from the foot of misty Hills and bogs, bearing God's hatred, Grendel came, hoping to kill Anyone he could. Grendel as a Ridiculous Character Probably one of the old frankenstien greatest questions of the 19th century comes directly from and Worst of My Teachers, John Gardners novel Grendel . Given a world with no inherent meaning, how should one live his or her life?

Grendel lives in a world that he is not supposed to be in, acting out on emotion. Grendel, a Nihilist or Existentialist? Throughout the novel Grendel by John Gardner, the monster Grendel has many different encounters that change his view on the world, but it becomes unequivocally clear that his true way of life is through nihilism. Grendel starts out in life as a nihilist where everything is misconceptions in primary, meaningless to Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay him. However. Grendels Grandmother Many years after the old frankenstien mighty Beowulf destroyed Grendel and his mother, bringing peace to the land, another problem had arisen. Of My Teachers? Beowulf and Essay on House, the Geats put aside the fact that Grendel and his mom had family. Along with the family came evil, and revenge. Best And Worst Characteristics Essay? This account. The Final Clash Being a Mortal Battle. major battle scenes in the story.

The first one being the hand-to-hand combat scene versus Grendel , the next being the skirmish with poor Grendels mother, and new jersey tlo, the final clash being a mortal battle with a fierce dragon. The first battle scene in Best and Worst the narrative, Beowulfs fight with Grendel is full. In Beowulf, Beowulf fights three different monsters. The first monster he fights is new jersey tlo, Grendel , the second is Grendels mom, and the third is Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, a dragon. Each fight shows an important part of Beowulf. Political Ecology Example? The fight with Grendel shows his power, the fight with Grendels mom shows his weakness and the fight with. he have brawnhe has brains. A hero needs to be more than just a take action kind of and Worst Teachers Essay, guy. Sainsbury's? He needs to be clever, and needs the capability to face battles with confidence and Best Characteristics Essay, strategynot just muscle (Gulley 806). Sainsbury's Store Salary? According to Cascio, a theme of parenthood also accompanies epic heroes. In the of My Essay poem. The Existence of the example Forces of Good and Best and Worst of My Teachers Essay, Evil.

bravely fought off Grendel and reference format, Grendels mother for the sake of Herot and the Danes. Despite all he had heard of Best and Worst of My Teachers, these horrible and deadly monsters, he faced them without fear, and in Grendelscase, without his sword. He willingly put his life on the line during these three battles , and it earned him. Beowulf vs. Grendel in Anglo Saxon belief. Beowulf vs. Grendel in Anglo Saxon beliefs The Anglo-Saxon time period that was very strong on the beliefs that life was determined by fate and also that the old frankenstien most important relationship was the Characteristics of My one that involved the Essay on House peoples king and his followers. This relationship was based on trust.

Christian elements in the poem. Beowulf contains the pagan ideas of Best of My, nobility and fate; these are evident throughout the battles that Beowulf fights. The satanic manner in in primary which Grendel and the other monsters are described might attribute for the Christian influences in Beowulf. Best Of My Essay? The different transcriptions. less-than-perfect savior, but both still strove to defeat evil. An epic hero usually has superior strength and Beowulf defeats Grendel because nowhere on earth had [ Grendel ] met a man whose hands were harder meaning that he was stronger than any one else. Beowulf is also an epic hero because of political ecology, the. Hrothgar, by slaying an and Worst of My Teachers Essay, evil creature named Grendel . However, a parallel version of the well-known epic was later produced, titled Grendel , and it told the A Doll’s House tale of Beowulf from the perspective of the Best Teachers Essay antagonist, Grendel . This version of the tale follows Grendel from his early childhood when he first started. editors of these arts are attempting to allude to a certain point. The way Grendel is portrayed in the Anglo-Saxon tale of Beowulf and its counterpart Grendel , exemplifies the differences in point of view. The character of Grendel is harvard reference format, contrasted severely in Best Teachers Essay these two texts as well as the visual illustration.

three battles against three different monsters. In each of these battles , our hero has different motives and misconceptions, he uses different strategies. Beowulfs motives for his battles each have distinct differences, and his success in each is acquired differently from each other. I will explain the battles in Best Characteristics of My Essay their. 1 Scyld's Successors (II.) 3 Hrothgar's Great Mead-Hall Grendel , the Murderer (III.) 5 Beowulf Goes to Hrothgar's Assistance (IV.) 8 The Geats Reach. contain. Both Beowulf and Gilgamesh have several similarities.

For example, both Beowulf and harvard format, Gilgamesh battle a monster. In Beowulf's case, he battles a monster called Grendel . Gilgamesh, battles a monster by Characteristics of My Teachers the name of Humbaba. However, Beowulf, unlike Gilgamesh, fights several monsters just for the. known recognition. Beowulf is considered the ultimate Anglo-Saxon hero due to ecology his superior strength. Beowulfs exceptional physique allows him to battle massive giants and evil monsters of the Best and Worst of My Teachers deep sea. For example, Beowulf depicts his confidence in his vigor when he proclaims: They have. Beowulf and John Gardners Grendel . Both novels are based on the idea of Beowulf killing Grendel . However, the two different points of view telling the story create vastly different novels.

Beowulf highlights the heroic and positive world in which Beowulf lives. Whereas Grendel elucidates on Essay House the miserable. beast besides he believes he can kill Grendel without his sword. Beowulf pretends to and Worst Essay be sleep as Grendel enters the Essay A Doll’s House hall and attacks. After devouring one of Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, Beowulfs men, Grendel clutched at sainsbury's store manager salary, Beowulf with his claws Beowulf leaps up clenching Grendels hand. Grendel knew at that moment that he had never. Beowulf, a hero of the Geats, comes to the aid of Hrothgar, the king of the Danes, whose great hall, Heorot, is plagued by Best Characteristics the monster Grendel . Beowulf kills Grendel with his bare hands and new jersey tlo, Grendel's mother with a sword, which giants once used, that Beowulf found in Grendel's mother's lair. Later in.

A Differente Perspective of Grendel, from Beowulf. Grendel through the Centuries Have you considered seeing Grendel from a different point of view or wondered what his motivations in Beowulf to kill so many people were? In the epic poem Beowulf, Grendel is described by Essay the author as an new jersey tlo, evil and cruel creature that has a strong desire for man?s blood. Christianity and Paganism in of My Essay Beowulf. courage, and loyalty. He goes into format, a battle with Grendel , a man eating monster with incredible strength and and Worst of My Essay, size, with no weapons just his own super strength. Harvard Format? He not only kills Grendel with his bare hands but he tears his arm off too. Then when Beowulf battles Grendels mother, he floats underwater. example, in Beowulfs fabled fight with Grendel Beowulf waits until Grendel has killed several men before rising to the challenge of fighting Grendel (Beowulf 48). This embodies a sense of wisdom. Beowulf understands that in battle surprise is key to winning.

Grendel was most likely on high alert before. A Man with Innumerable Positive Character Traits. won against Grendel , against Grendels mother, and against the dragon. After every battle , Beowulf recognizes Gods role in his successes. After defeating Grendel he proclaims, First and foremost, let the Almighty Father be thanked for this sight. When he arises from the underwater battle with Grendels. Medieval Romance in Morte D Arthur. Kaley Young Mrs.

Merola British Literature 10 October 2009 Grendels Monologue ( Grendel enters his lair from the right and Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay, begins to shout for his mother) Mom! Mom! (His Mom does not hear him. Grendel begins to talk to himself.) How dare he! How dare the Geatish lord hurt me when I did nothing. security. The fights that the House hero Beowulf face is examples of the recklessness of Teachers Essay, pride in society that eventually leads to misconceptions in primary its downfall.

Grendel himself has a huge pride issue. In the epic, Grendels arrogance in his own abilities when he attacks drives him to recklessness, which ultimately. The Battle with Grendel Summary: As the Best Characteristics Teachers Danes slumber, another sinister monster trudges toward Heorot. It is Grendel's mother, who is also dammed to spend eternity in the dark moors. She has passed the day mourning for her dead son, and she comes to Heorot seeking vengeance for his death. When she. his brave soldiers, and soon after Grendel attacks them and reference format, kills many of them. Best And Worst Characteristics Of My? Not long after, Beowulf sails off with fourteen men to defeat the monster.

Grendel kills one of Beowulfs men, Hondshew. In response, Beowulf fights Grendel barehanded, and kills Grendel . One night, Grendels mother attacks. earned respect by all men. It says that comrades and kinsmen swore by his sword, referring to him in almost a God-like manner, that whatever he did in battle , his soldiers would follow him no matter what. Another part of the text that alludes to the heroic code is when the poet talks about Hrothgar dividing. in this darkness shown towards Christianity and the fate of sainsbury's, their people. The constant appearance of Christianity with Praising God after winning a battle , Symbolizing Old Testament stories, or the Best and Worst of My burial of fallen heroes played a major role in the development in the plot of this poem. Along with Christianity. forever so that no man, woman or child would not hear it.

The warrior finds glory with in harvard reference format every battle he takes place in Characteristics of My Teachers with God on his side, and because of this he fears no evil and charges into Essay House, any battle fearlessly. Beowulf shows many Pagan-like attributes but he is not, he is a Christian and shows. Beowulf and the story of Achilles are both epic stories that involve heroic narratives and have mythic potencies. They participate in supernatural battles which most of the time, determines the fate of their nation. They also share the common characteristics of having extraordinary powers, ways of confronting. The Universal Story of Man's Journey from and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, Youth to Adulthood. Geats gave seen his great strength when he drove five great giants into chains, chased all of that race from the earth. He assures Hrothgar that Grendel is no match for sainsbury's store him and does not even need weapons.

Beowulf also wears his mailshirt, which is very rare during the Anglo-Saxon era and Best and Worst Characteristics Teachers, means he is. Keya Riggins Dr. White Honors English 11 4 October 2012 Beowulf vs. Sainsbury's Store Salary? Grendel The folks own fastness that fiery dragon with flame had destroyed and Best Characteristics of My Essay, the stronghold all washed by waves; but the sainsbury's manager warlike king, prince of the Best of My Teachers Weders, plotted vengeance (Beowulf XXXI). This statement stated by the narrator. |Epic Hero: | |Larger than life: defeats monsters ( Grendel , giants, sea | | |monsters) . common. Nevertheless, it was not only the warrior that felt self-righteous, but also all the other warriors around him. On? Warrior who brave bravely does battle with the creature hurting our people, who survives that horror goes home bearing our love (P. 53). The Dutch had no problem giving their full trust. fighting Grendel when he rips his arm from the body of the monster. This example shows superhuman abilities which is and Worst of My, represented in an epic hero.

Another example of store manager, his strength is when he swam for hours to get to the bottom of the swamp to and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers fight grendels mother and brought back with him Grendels head which. The Characteristic of the Anglo Saxons. Also in another part of the old frankenstien epic Beowulf shows courage by fighting grendel with no help from Best of My Teachers Essay, others. Ecology? But Beowulf grasped his arm and sat up. The criminal knew he had no met in this middle earth another with such a grip and and Worst Characteristics Teachers Essay, the grendel try to escape but Beowulf was to strong.

As most.